2 Servers [Svxlnk] Behind Firewall

pa3gjx
Hi,

2  Systems behind one router/firewall  is possible?

Is it possible to let 2 SVXlnk servers run and only one is connected to serve1.echolink.org the other one is then connected to the "outgoing" one. This way i can run Simplex and Repater on one location (70cm and 2m) connected through personal network.

I tryed to use IP_Allow 192.168.7.0[/24]  But the system with
SERVER= 192.168.7.110 had a refuse.

I had to try because running Simplexlogic and RepaterLogic will give segmentation fault when the voicemail module starts to record!   Even when the modules are let out in the logics Simplex and Repeater eitherway.  (2 sounds cards installed)

Best 73'  Jan pa3gjx.

Re: 2 Servers [Svxlnk] Behind Firewall

Tobias Blomberg-2
On Thursday 24 November 2005 23:58, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2  Systems behind one router/firewall  is possible?
>
> Is it possible to let 2 SVXlnk servers run and only one is connected to
> serve1.echolink.org the other one is then connected to the "outgoing" one.
> This way i can run Simplex and Repater on one location (70cm and 2m)
> connected through personal network.

No, it is not possible to run two EchoLink nodes on the same IP-address. You
need two IP-addresses to do that. You need to point out _one_ computer in the
firewall that handle incoming EchoLink packets so the other one will never
get any packets.

There is an application called EchoLink proxy that might allow you to do this
but unfortunately there is no support in SvxLink for EchoLink proxy.

> I tryed to use IP_Allow 192.168.7.0[/24]  But the system with
> SERVER= 192.168.7.110 had a refuse.

SvxLink cannot act as an EchoLink directory server. The IP_ALLOW is used to
let clients on the local network to setup an EchoLink (voice) connection
without being authenticated. I use this to run Qtel, connecting to my own
node.

Actually, is is possible for both nodes to point out the same external
EchoLink directory server, login, get the list. However, as stated above, you
will only be able to actually use EchoLink on one of them.

> I had to try because running Simplexlogic and RepaterLogic will give
> segmentation fault when the voicemail module starts to record!   Even when
> the modules are let out in the logics Simplex and Repeater eitherway.  (2
> sounds cards installed)

That is a problem in the lastest release. For some reason, it seem to work
under Fedora. Search the mailing list archive

https://sourceforge.net/search/index.php?type_of_search=mlists&group_id=84813&forum_id=34097

for "segmentation fault" and you'll find the thread. You'll need to recompile
from source code to make it work. Another way is to install Fedora since it
seem to work there.

73 de SM0SVX / Tobias