A message from Holland

foeke

Dear Tobias,

In the first place I want to thank you for the very fine software SVXLINK.

I am running the node PA3FNT-L in Holland. I use the latest version.

My Linux distro is SuSE 9.1. To run the latest version of SVXLINK I had to load libstdc++6-3.4.1-4mdk.i586.rpm to obtain the version 6 library. There is no RPM available for SuSE 9.1, at least I did not find it (hi).

The software is very stable. I have build a second system and want to place this in Leeuwarden, in the northern part of the Netherlands. I am waiting to obtain permission from the local repeater board over there to connect the system with the local 70 cm repeater.

I have translated most of the audio files into Dutch so the system is a little bit friendlier to use for ham’s that do not speak English very well over here.

I have added a little feature in the software. When a voicemail is placed in the system, the recipient will receive an email that there is a new voicemail message for him. The only restraint is that the recipient has to have an email alias at amsat.org. Here is the code:

      recordStop;

      playMsg "rec_done";

      exec sendmail < /etc/svxmail.txt -f [hidden email] -F Voicemail $[hidden email]

As you can see I placed this in the file TclVoicemail.tcl after the playMsg “rec_done”; statement.

The content of the file /etc/svxmail.txt is one to inform the recipient that there is a new voicemail.

I give some information of the frequency my system is on and an URL of my website.

I also tested SVXLINK very shortly on SuSE 10.0. It worked fine.

I say, keep up the good work and 73 from Holland.

Foeke PA3FNT