Autoload Echolink

K9EE
How do I auto load Echolink.  I have it auto load Svxlink but then have to key in to load Echolink.  I would like to have it boot up to EchoLink.  Tried a statement in the rc.local file but that didn't seem to work.

Re: Autoload Echolink

Tomek
Please add below line into RepeaterLogic or SimplexLogic:

ACTIVATE_MODULE_ON_LONG_CMD=4:EchoLink

It helps You to auto activate Echolink on SVXLink start.

Tom SQ4BJA

W dniu 2017-03-19 o 16:26, K9EE pisze:

> How do I auto load Echolink.  I have it auto load Svxlink but then have to
> key in to load Echolink.  I would like to have it boot up to EchoLink.
> Tried a statement in the rc.local file but that didn't seem to work.

Re: Autoload Echolink

K9EE
Thank you for the reply.  I am using a Simplex link and already have that statement activated in Svxlink.conf  It still doesn't automatically load on svxlink start.  I have to do a 2# over radio to activate Echolink.

Any other suggestions?

Re: Autoload Echolink

Matthew Miller
By "activate" you mean you can't connect from the internet or you want it to stay in echolink mode perminantly instead of the main control menu?

I was initially confused because I didn't realize I could have clients connect even though Echolink was not the "active" service in the DTMF menu, it just has to be enabled amd "runs in the background".

Not sure if that is the same thing you are asking about.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

Re: Autoload Echolink

K9EE
Yes, I understand the Echolink module loads when svxlink boots up.  I want to be in Echolink mode at the same time, that is stay in the Echolink mode all the time.  When I get a power failure I want it to come up in Echolink mode.

You may be saying something that I didn't realize.  Are you saying that clients can connect through Echolink even though I haven't activated the Echolink mode by DTMF?  I thought I had to activate the Echolink mode through DTMF before anyone could see my link on Echolink.

Re: Autoload Echolink

Matthew Miller
That is correct from my experience.

I was frusterated it kept timing out and exiting the module before I figured out.  Ultimately I tested it by exiting the echolink module (# key) then connectinf thru my smartphone client and verifying it passed audio both ways.

What you can NOT do when its not active is dial up DTMF tones to connect to a conference or remote site without hitting 2# to get into the echolink menu.

There may be other subtleties I don't fully understand but this is what I have observed by experiments myself.