Bandwidth Traffic Out

IZ2PRA Nic
One question.

What is it bandwidth out for one callsign than it links with my node in echolink?
If my node there are 30 users/callsigns, the bandwidth is x30, or the traffic out from my node it's x1 and all users receive the traffic IP from server echolink.org?

Thanks Nic IZ2PRA

Re: Bandwidth Traffic Out

Rob Janssen
IZ2PRA Nic wrote:
One question.

What is it bandwidth out for one callsign than it links with my node in echolink?
If my node there are 30 users/callsigns, the bandwidth is x30, or the traffic out from my node it's x1 and all users receive the traffic IP from server echolink.org?

All traffic is directly from your node to the user.  The echolink.org server is only a directory server, it
does not at all participate in the QSOs.  So when 30 users are connected and listening you have
30 times the traffic for one user.  It is about 32 kbit/s per user, I think.

Re: Bandwidth Traffic Out

Volodymyr
Hello!

If you are using GSM Codec:

Probably like this: 17x30 = 510kbit/s.

Regards, Volodymyr

http://cqinet.sourceforge.net/thebridge.shtml
> Q: How many users does thebridge support?
> A: That depends primarily on your connection to the Internet. There are no preset limits on the number of users other than the setting of MaxConferenceClients in the configuration file. Approximently 17k bits per second of bandwidth are consumed outbound per user. Since the usual case is that only one single user is talking at a time the inbound bandwidth requirements are must less. The current documented record user count is 63 on the K5JD server during the 9/11 commemorative net. With 63 users the bandwidth was 1076k bits/second.

Re: Bandwidth Traffic Out

Tobias Wellnitz
On Linux you can also easily measure/monitor the bandwidth on an ethernet device. Any of the tools indicated in the link below will do the job:

73 Tobias
EA4/DH1TW