Quantcast

Constant transmit while running svxlink

Josh Housey
Hi All,

I am currently trying out svxlink to compare it to the windows and to
see how it works.

I have successfully compiled it under SuSE 9.3 and everything is
there. I have edited my /etc/svxlink.conf file and put in the right
parameters for Tx1 and Rx1. What is happening as soon as it is
launched, I am getting a constant transmit from the radio and only
stops when I quit the program.

I have rechecked my svxlink.conf with the Windows setting of Echolink
and they are the same. The interface I am running is the basic MFJ one
(the cheapest one) and is hooked via the computer through the sound
card and a serial cable.

Is there another parameter that corrects this (I am running a simplex
link)  that Windows apparently does? In Windows, as it is booting up,
it also transmits consistently, but as I soon as I launch Echolink, it
stops.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

73
Josh, AB9FT

Re: Constant transmit while running svxlink

Tobias Blomberg-3
On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 12:20 -0500, Josh Housey wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am currently trying out svxlink to compare it to the windows and to
> see how it works.
>
> I have successfully compiled it under SuSE 9.3 and everything is
> there. I have edited my /etc/svxlink.conf file and put in the right
> parameters for Tx1 and Rx1. What is happening as soon as it is
> launched, I am getting a constant transmit from the radio and only
> stops when I quit the program.

What happens if you start SvxLink and press * on the keyboard. It should
print "Turning the transmitter ON". Does it stop transmitting?  I wonder
if the polarity is reversed on the MFJ interfaces.

> I have rechecked my svxlink.conf with the Windows setting of Echolink
> and they are the same. The interface I am running is the basic MFJ one
> (the cheapest one) and is hooked via the computer through the sound
> card and a serial cable.

Could you tell me exactly what model it is or even better, point me to
some documentation or schematic?

73 de SM0SVX / Tobias