Quantcast

Debian 3.1 > Download and binary install script for svxlink

Debian 3.1 > Download and binary install script for svxlink

Birger Olsson
#!/bin/bash
# Debian 3.1 - Download and binary install script for svxlink
# 2005-10-20

apt-get update
apt-get install wget alien tcl8.4 tcl8.4-dev -y
wget http://ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/svxlink/echolib-0.10.2-
1fc4.i386.rpm
wget http://ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/svxlink/libasync-0.12.1-
1fc4.i386.rpm
wget http://ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/svxlink/svxlink-server-
0.6.0-1fc4.i386.rpm
wget http://dl.atrpms.net/all/libsigc++104-1.0.4-0_1.rhfc4.at.i386.rpm
wget http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/4/gsm/gsm-
1.0.10-5.2.fc4.i386.rpm
alien -i -c *.rpm
rm -f *.rpm

Re: Debian 3.1 > Download and binary install script for svxlink

Birger Olsson
Update in the script. Fixed one dependency. The script will now work
out-of-the-box with a minimal standard Debian install (zero pakages selected
during install). Tested on two diffrent computers.

You may also consider "apt-get install alsa-base alsa-utils -y". This will
give you "alsaconf" command for sound card configuration and "alsamixer"
command for audio-level adjustment in the console.

Next project is to installing a complete Debian/Svxlink to a 512MB USB-flash
stick and boot without HD :-)

#!/bin/bash
# Debian 3.1 - Download and binary install script for svxlink
# 2005-10-28
apt-get update
apt-get install wget alien tcl8.4 tcl8.4-dev libgsm1 -y
wget
http://ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/svxlink/echolib-0.10.2-1fc4.i386.rpm
wget
http://ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/svxlink/libasync-0.12.1-1fc4.i386.rpm
wget http://dl.atrpms.net/all/libsigc++104-1.0.4-0_1.rhfc4.at.i386.rpm
alien -i -c *.rpm
rm -f *.rpm

73 de SM6VQJ / Birger

> # Debian 3.1 - Download and binary install script for svxlink
> # 2005-10-20
>
> apt-get update
> apt-get install wget alien tcl8.4 tcl8.4-dev -y
> wget http://ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/svxlink/echolib-0.10.2-
> 1fc4.i386.rpm
> wget http://ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/svxlink/libasync-0.12.1-
> 1fc4.i386.rpm
> wget http://ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/svxlink/svxlink-server-
> 0.6.0-1fc4.i386.rpm
> wget http://dl.atrpms.net/all/libsigc++104-1.0.4-0_1.rhfc4.at.i386.rpm
> wget http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/4/gsm/gsm-
> 1.0.10-5.2.fc4.i386.rpm
> alien -i -c *.rpm
> rm -f *.rpm

Re: Debian 3.1 > Download and binary install script for svxlink

Tobias Blomberg-3
On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 15:28 +0200, Birger Olsson wrote:

> Update in the script. Fixed one dependency. The script will now work
> out-of-the-box with a minimal standard Debian install (zero pakages selected
> during install). Tested on two diffrent computers.
>
> You may also consider "apt-get install alsa-base alsa-utils -y". This will
> give you "alsaconf" command for sound card configuration and "alsamixer"
> command for audio-level adjustment in the console.
>
> Next project is to installing a complete Debian/Svxlink to a 512MB USB-flash
> stick and boot without HD :-)

Great! This will make it easier to get people started. I have thought of
doing this for a while. My first thought was to create a live CD though.
A CD will probably boot on more (older) computers but a USB stick have
definite advantages (writable, no moving parts).

Keep us informed of your progress :-)

And thanks for the Debian install script. Hopefully it will make life
easier for debian users that are having problems compiling SvxLink.

73 de SM0SVX / Tobias