ERROR: Command timeout while communicating to the directory server

ERROR: Command timeout while communicating to the directory server

David Ranch-3

Hello Tobias, Everyone,

Since I upgraded to 14.08 Git Maint (~May 4th, 2015), Svxlink has been working pretty well.  One of the primary reasons for the upgrade from the previous version was to get program to reconnect to the Echolink servers when it would get occasionally disconnected.  This specific issue has improved but I just saw it again and it seems Svxlink did multiple retries and eventually re-connected but that's NOT clear from the STDOUT output.  Per the output below, the last message gives the impression I'm offline but if I check from my smartphone, my Svxlink station is indeed online and everything works as expected.

Would it be possible to get print statements when Svxlink does a retry and more importantly, when it gets reconnected?

--David

--
Spurious audio packet received from 107.23.146.140
Incoming EchoLink connection from K9GWS (Gary) at 107.23.146.140

Gary

Algonquin

iPad
Tx1: Turning the transmitter ON
Tx1: Turning the transmitter OFF
K9GWS: EchoLink QSO state changed to BYE_RECEIVED
K9GWS: EchoLink QSO state changed to DISCONNECTED
SimplexLogic: Deactivating module EchoLink...
Tx1: Turning the transmitter ON
Tx1: Turning the transmitter OFF
SimplexLogic: Sending short identification...
Tx1: Turning the transmitter ON
Tx1: Turning the transmitter OFF
*** ERROR: Command timeout while communicating to the directory server

Re: ERROR: Command timeout while communicating to the directory server

F5VMR Orange

Hi David,

When I start the daemon, viz:

Sudo svxlink –daemon –logfile=/var/log/svxlink.log ** NB two - - as it’s not clear in the line.

I then can access by ssh I can tail –f /var/log/svxlink.log in a live session.

However in cron I have referred to a script that sends me a daily log and truncates the existing log to zero.

Thus you can see when historically when the server has disconnected and restarted, and compare notes.

Our repeater sends me a daily log at Midnight.

Regards

Chris F5VMR

On Friday 15 May 2015 08:19:55 David Ranch wrote:

> Hello Tobias, Everyone,
>
> Since I upgraded to 14.08 Git Maint (~May 4th, 2015), Svxlink has been
> working pretty well.  One of the primary reasons for the upgrade from
> the previous version was to get program to reconnect to the Echolink
> servers when it would get occasionally disconnected.  This specific
> issue has improved but I just saw it again and it seems Svxlink did
> multiple retries and eventually re-connected but that's NOT clear from
> the STDOUT output.  Per the output below, the last message gives the
> impression I'm offline but if I check from my smartphone, my Svxlink
> station is indeed online and everything works as expected.
>
> Would it be possible to get print statements when Svxlink does a retry
> and more importantly, when it gets reconnected?

Well, SvxLink can accept connections if your station is listed in the cached
copy of the directory listing. Just because you are getting a command timeout
does not mean you are offline. Just that a command failed. The next time it
tries to get the list and it fails, the cache will be cleared.

If the online status changes, SvxLink will print "EchoLink directory status
changed to OFF" and when online again it will say "ON" instead.

73's de SM0SVX / Tobias