Quantcast

EchoLink directory solved

Scott Currie
A little more persistence solved the problem.

When I registered the call with Echolink, I used a mixed case password. What they stored was all upper case, and the Windows software also converts it to all upper case. svxlink of course, respects mixed case. When I changed it to all upper in svxlink, it connects fine.

--
-Scott

Re: EchoLink directory solved

David Ranch-3

Thanks for the follow-up Scott,   Sounds like this should be noted in the documentation and even worth a comment in the reference config file!   With that said, that's pretty poor on Echolink's part to remove case-sensitive passwords!

--David
KI6ZHD

On 07/02/2016 07:49 AM, Scott Currie wrote:
A little more persistence solved the problem.

When I registered the call with Echolink, I used a mixed case password. What they stored was all upper case, and the Windows software also converts it to all upper case. svxlink of course, respects mixed case. When I changed it to all upper in svxlink, it connects fine.

Re: EchoLink directory solved

Matthew Miller
Very good detective work!

I wonder if this is a new feature (bug?) In the Echolink registration system, I am 99% confident I used an all lowercase password and it works on both Windows and Svxlink but I registered a couple years ago.

Based on all this I would also wonder if their password database is hashed in any way, I suppose safe bet is don't use any password you value.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone