Echolink PTY commands

sp2ong
Hi,

Is it possible send a command via PTY "CONNECT CALLSIGN-L" from the shell ?

I have found in sources only two commands KILL and DISC which works,
 but it looks that it is all commands available via PTY Echolink module?

73 Waldek

Re: Echolink PTY commands

sp2ong
Why am I asking about possibility send command CONNECT from shell?

I would like to connect my local node every Friday with another echolink node which every Friday at 20:00 transmit bulletins

I would like to add in crontab task, for example, to connect Echolink node every Friday at 20:00 and send DISC command to disconnect link with tis node at 21:00

For this reason command via PTY  "CON" for example "CON SP2ABC-R" it will be useful and simple to create link to remote node via crontab/shell

73 Waldek SP2ONG

Is it possible send a command via PTY "CONNECT CALLSIGN-L" from the shell ?

I have found in sources only two commands KILL and DISC which works,
 but it looks that it is all commands available via PTY Echolink module?

73 Waldek

Re: Echolink PTY commands

Rob Janssen
[hidden email] wrote:
> Why am I asking about possibility send command CONNECT from shell?
>
> I would like to connect my local node every Friday with another echolink node which every Friday at 20:00 transmit bulletins
>
> I would like to add in crontab task, for example, to connect Echolink node every Friday at 20:00 and send DISC command to disconnect link with tis node at 21:00
>
> For this reason command via PTY  "CON" for example "CON SP2ABC-R" it will be useful and simple to create link to remote node via crontab/shell

The currently available commands were added to support a remote control panel for our repeater.  Mostly to combat abuse.
It could be nice to add more commands to it, but you would have to do that by yourself.

In the meantime, it is also possible to send DTMF sequences on another PTY.
So you can connect another node by selecting the Echolink module and then send the nodenumber and #.

Re: Echolink PTY commands

sp2ong
Hi Rob,

Thank you for the suggestion with use DTMF_CTRL_PTY= and I have checked and works. So, I can use DTMF_CTRL_PTY to connect node and COMMAND_PTY to disconnect node

73 Waldek SP2ONG