Error

Arne Andersson
Hello group!

Starting svxlink show an error.

Starting logic: SimplexLogic
SNDCTL_DSP_SETTRIGGER ioctl failed: Broken pipe

Why???

de SM5CNQ

Re: Error

Tim Miller WB0RXX
Arne Andersson wrote:
> Hello group!
>
> Starting svxlink show an error.
>
> Starting logic: SimplexLogic
> SNDCTL_DSP_SETTRIGGER ioctl failed: Broken pipe
>
> Why???

Did you add the environment variable "ASYNC_AUDIO_NOTRIGGER=1" in your
profile/shell script as outlined on this page

   http://svxlink.sourceforge.net/install.php#post-install

before starting Svxlink?  This page is a "must read" if you would like
to get the most from this application.

To start Svxlink on my system at startup, I added the following to my
rc.local file:

#!/bin/sh
#
# /etc/rc.d/rc.local:  Local system initialization script.
#
# Put any local setup commands in here:

export ASYNC_AUDIO_NOTRIGGER=1
su svxlink -c "/usr/bin/svxlink --daemon --logfile=/var/log/svxlink"

This sets the ASYNC_AUDIO_NOTRIGGER environment variable to "1" and
starts the svxlink application to run as user "svxlink".

GL es 73 de Tim

--
Tim Miller WB0RXX [EN24dw]
SvxLink v0.7.0rc2 (Nov  2 2005)

Re: Error

Tobias Blomberg-3
On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 18:53 +0100, Arne Andersson wrote:
> Hello group!
>
> Starting svxlink show an error.
>
> Starting logic: SimplexLogic
> SNDCTL_DSP_SETTRIGGER ioctl failed: Broken pipe
>
> Why???

http://svxlink.sourceforge.net/install.php#post-install

73 de SM0SVX / Tobias