How to get from svxlink STATUS and number of online users

How to get from svxlink STATUS and number of online users

sp2ong

Hi,

I am looking how to get from my svxlink status like is OFFLINE or ONLINE and number online users
I would like put this information on my local html page where I have logbook from echolink

73 SP2ONG Waldek

Re: How to get from svxlink STATUS and number of online users

Rob Janssen
Waldek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking how to get from my svxlink status like is OFFLINE or ONLINE and number online users
> I would like put this information on my local html page where I have logbook from echolink
>
> 73 SP2ONG Waldek

You can do this using the eventsource functionality.  E.g. look on http://pi2nos.ampr.org/svxsqlinfo/ for an example.
At the bottom of the page is a list of connected echolink stations, and when someone is talking via echolink the
call is shown at the top right.   The other lines are the signal quality values from the remote receivers.

Re: How to get from svxlink STATUS and number of online users

David Ranch-3

Hello Rob,

Wow.. that web interface you have there is impressive!  Real time view of 23 different color-coded voted receivers with audio.  I'm curious how you generate the signal level indicator?

Would you be willing to share your code that create this interface (both the javascript/php/whatever) and the backend processing code?

--David
KI6ZHD

David Ranch wrote:

Hello Rob,

Wow.. that web interface you have there is impressive!  Real time view of 23 different color-coded voted receivers with audio.  I'm curious how you generate the signal level indicator?

Would you be willing to share your code that create this interface (both the javascript/php/whatever) and the backend processing code?

--David
KI6ZHD

All the code that does this is included with the svxlink source distribution!
Look in svxlink/src/svxlink/scripts/

When you are impressed by this, then have a look at: https://pc7x.net/repeaters/#/map/google/pi2nos

That is the same information presented in a more graphical way, written by PC7X.
That code is not open source.

Re: How to get from svxlink STATUS and number of online users

sp2ong
Hi Rob

Yes, I know PI2NOS map and others. It is excellent work :-)

Bu is it possible get example code to generate
http://pi2nos.ampr.org/svxsqlinfo/  ????

73 Waldek SP2ONG

> Waldek wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking how to get from my svxlink status like is OFFLINE or ONLINE and number online users
>> I would like put this information on my local html page where I have logbook from echolink
>>
>> 73 SP2ONG Waldek
>>
> You can do this using the eventsource functionality.  E.g. look on http://pi2nos.ampr.org/svxsqlinfo/ for an example.
> At the bottom of the page is a list of connected echolink stations, and when someone is talking via echolink the
> call is shown at the top right.   The other lines are the signal quality values from the remote receivers.
>
> Rob

Re: How to get from svxlink STATUS and number of online users

sp2ong
Hi Rob,

> All the code that does this is included with the svxlink source
> distribution!
> Look in svxlink/src/svxlink/scripts/

Ok, thank you I will be look on these scripts

73 Waldek SP2ONG

[hidden email] wrote:
> Hi Rob
>
> Yes, I know PI2NOS map and others. It is excellent work :-)
>
> Bu is it possible get example code to generate
> http://pi2nos.ampr.org/svxsqlinfo/  ????
>
> 73 Waldek SP2ONG

As I mentioned, it is in the svxlink distribution.  You already have it.
Look in svxlink/src/svxlink/scripts/eventsource

Re: How to get from svxlink STATUS and number of online users

sp2ong
Hi Rob,

I have try use your scripts on my local Echolink node and modify all
file according to README

and add to my SimpleLogic
STATE_PTY=/dev/shm/state_pty

and add publishStateEvent Logic:transmit "tx=$is_on" to local Logic.tcl

next I have connect to 1535 port  but I have only info about TX On or OFF

curl http://127.0.0.1:1535/json
data: {"time":"1493020843.572","event":"Logic:transmit","tx":"0"}

data: {"tx":"1","event":"Logic:transmit","time":"1493022600.136"}

data: {"event":"Logic:transmit","time":"1493022606.585","tx":"0"}
..

but not more. Where and what I need to add to have information about
squelch and signal bar working

In svxlink log I have see information:

Mon Apr 24 10:32:16 2017: Rx1: The squelch is OPEN (5.97835)
Mon Apr 24 10:32:23 2017: Rx1: The squelch is CLOSED (5.59712)
Mon Apr 24 10:32:38 2017: Rx1: The squelch is OPEN (6.17464)
Mon Apr 24 10:32:41 2017: Rx1: The squelch is CLOSED (5.85631)
Mon Apr 24 10:32:46 2017: Rx1: The squelch is OPEN (5.68436)
Mon Apr 24 10:32:49 2017: Rx1: The squelch is CLOSED (5.78919)
Mon Apr 24 10:33:07 2017: Rx1: The squelch is OPEN (4.60907)
Mon Apr 24 10:33:10 2017: Rx1: The squelch is CLOSED (5.85951)
Mon Apr 24 10:34:46 2017: Rx1: The squelch is OPEN (5.69195)
Mon Apr 24 10:34:50 2017: Rx1: The squelch is CLOSED (5.83375)

but I suppose I have need add publishStateEvent in other procedures

73 Waldek SP2ONG

[hidden email] wrote:

> but not more. Where and what I need to add to have information about
> squelch and signal bar working

For this to work you need to have a Voter in your config.  The information is
published (automatically) by the Voter.  You can have a Voter with only 1 receiver.

Re: How to get from svxlink STATUS and number of online users

sp2ong
Ok many thanks, I have add this and switch SmipleLogic rx to RX=Voter
and information about squelch show and bargraph working.

I would ask about numbers which show close to red ball gif image. on
http://pe1chl.nl.eu.org/repeaters/
What do they mean?

And what is row " Daily minutes" ??? I have "undef" in status page

Is it possible get information how many users are online connected to
Node from internet side ?

73 Waldek

[hidden email] wrote:

> Ok many thanks, I have add this and switch SmipleLogic rx to RX=Voter
> and information about squelch show and bargraph working.
>
> I would ask about numbers which show close to red ball gif image. on
> http://pe1chl.nl.eu.org/repeaters/
> What do they mean?
>
> And what is row " Daily minutes" ??? I have "undef" in status page
>
> Is it possible get information how many users are online connected to
> Node from internet side ?
>
> 73 Waldek

The ticking number in the top right is a transmission timer.  As it is generated locally, it
is wrong on your first visit to the site.  When someone is speaking, the number shows
the length of their transmission in seconds.  Just a bit of help to let people know how
long they are rambling.  Unfortunately it cannot work on Echolink transmissions, at least
not this way.  The proper way would be to send an event each second.

The entries at the bottom of the screen are not real receivers, they are uplinks for
bulletin transmissions.  Some station taking over the repeater at a certain time to send
a recorded message, and getting priority over everything else.
When you see "undef" you probably are trying to use the HTML code from svxlink with
our event source.  I have updated the HTML code a little, and sent it to Tobias long ago,
but it has not made it into the distribution yet.  You can just wget the page from our repeater
(or save it from your browser) and use that.  There is nothing magical about it, it is just a
HTML file with everything in it that you need.  You can also find the latest eventsource.pl
with some minor improvements on my website http://pe1chl.nl.eu.org/

Of course you can add code as much as you like, and end up with a page like PC7X made :-)
Counting the number of elements in the client list is supposed to be easy.
The mods in Echolink.tcl to send the events are:

#
# Executed when the list of connected remote EchoLink clients changes
#   client_list - List of connected clients
#
proc client_list_changed {client_list} {
   set clientlist [join $client_list ":"]

   publishStateEvent EchoLink:clients "clients:$clientlist"
}

#
# Executed when a transmission from an EchoLink station is starting
# or stopping
#
proc is_receiving {rx call} {
   variable last_carrier_loss;

   publishStateEvent EchoLink:is_receiving "rx=$rx client=$call"
}

Of course you can have extra code in is_receiving, e.g. for a courtesy tone.

Re: How to get from svxlink STATUS and number of online users

sp2ong
Hi Rob,

Many thanks for share more information and examples. I have updates
eventsource.pl and I have get html page and now I need
adjust to my SimpleLogic mode one echolink node to add list of connected station

I have create simple www page for this node:
http://sq2yc.ddns.net/index.php?id=status

I will be add audio stream to internet but after review wiki svxlink
and this list I have see that for SimpleLogic mode it is not simple
create audio stream from connected stations form internet and radio
audio. Most of examples are for RepeaterLogic. I have setup snd_aloop
but not I am looking how to add audio stream from radio

73 Waldek SP2ONG

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Many thanks for share more information and examples. I have updates
> eventsource.pl and I have get html page and now I need
> adjust to my SimpleLogic mode one echolink node to add list of connected station
>
> I have create simple www page for this node:
> http://sq2yc.ddns.net/index.php?id=status
>

> I will be add audio stream to internet but after review wiki svxlink
> and this list I have see that for SimpleLogic mode it is not simple
> create audio stream from connected stations form internet and radio
> audio. Most of examples are for RepeaterLogic. I have setup snd_aloop
> but not I am looking how to add audio stream from radio
>

> 73 Waldek SP2ONG

Ok that looks good!  As soon as you understand how it all works it is easy to embed the HTML
into any page.

Unfortunately I have experience only with RepeaterLogic so I cannot answer your
question.  We use a MultiTx to generate multiple audio streams from the repeater
logic and those are used for our transmitters and the internet stream via darkice
and an icecast server.  That is documented on the WiKi.   The loudspeaker icon on
the webpage is merely a link to the icecast server.

Re: How to get from svxlink STATUS and number of online users

sp2ong
Hi Rob,

Generally all work nice with display connected station to echolink
node and display which stations is transmit to RF.
I have see that when station connect to node in CONF mode in Echolink
software are displayed as:

AB1XYX CONF

but in client list is only AB1XYX without CONF. Is it possible get in
event list of clients connected like :  ["AB1XYX CONF", "DS2ABC"]
instead
["AB1XYX","DS2ABC"] ????

73 Waldek

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Generally all work nice with display connected station to echolink
> node and display which stations is transmit to RF.
> I have see that when station connect to node in CONF mode in Echolink
> software are displayed as:
>
> AB1XYX CONF
>

> but in client list is only AB1XYX without CONF. Is it possible get in
> event list of clients connected like :  ["AB1XYX CONF", "DS2ABC"]
> instead
> ["AB1XYX","DS2ABC"] ????
>
> 73 Waldek

That will require program changes.
I have not had this requirement, we reject all connections from CONF so they never
are in our list :-)