How to make a crossband repeater + echolink ???

How to make a crossband repeater + echolink ???

Jordi Vidal
Hi all,

I use, for a long time, svxlink in our conference in echolink.
All links are made on raspberrys and in mode simplex.

Now I need to make a crossband repeater.

I use 2 transceivers, one in VHF and the other in UHF band.

Also, I need to connect to The Net (echolink).

The system would work with this parameters:

If Transceiver in VHF ear a signal, put in TX transceiver in UHF and also active echolink.
If Transceiver in UHF ear a signal, put in TX transceiver in VHF and also active echolink.
If echolink call enter, active all transceivers in TX.

For this configuration is necessary to use 2 sound card, I think.
I use GPIO to activate TX and read RX signals from squelch, on every radio.

How to configure SVXlink?

Thanks in advance from Catalonia.

Re: How to make a crossband repeater + echolink ???

Catalin Tanasie
Hi,
here is a configuration example for a crossband link.
You have to copy /usr/share/svxlink/events.d SimplexLogic.tcl to UHFLogic.tcl and modify namespace accordingly.

[GLOBAL]
MODULE_PATH=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/svxlink
LOGICS=SimplexLogic,UHFLogic
CFG_DIR=svxlink.d
TIMESTAMP_FORMAT="%d.%m.%Y %H:%M:%S"
CARD_SAMPLE_RATE=48000
#CARD_CHANNELS=1
LOCATION_INFO=LocationInfo
LINKS=UHF

[SimplexLogic]
TYPE=Simplex
REPORT_CTCSS=0
RX=Rx1
TX=Tx1
MODULES=ModuleEchoLink
CALLSIGN=call1
SHORT_IDENT_INTERVAL=0
LONG_IDENT_INTERVAL=60
EVENT_HANDLER=/usr/share/svxlink/events.tcl
DEFAULT_LANG=en_US
MACROS=Macros
FX_GAIN_NORMAL=-16
FX_GAIN_LOW=-20
#ACTIVATE_MODULE_ON_LONG_CMD=4:EchoLink
#QSO_RECORDER=8:QsoRecorder
#ONLINE_CMD=9988666
MUTE_RX_ON_TX=0
MUTE_TX_ON_RX=0

[UHFLogic]
TYPE=Simplex
REPORT_CTCSS=0
RX=RxUHF
TX=TxUHF
CALLSIGN=call2
LONG_IDENT_INTERVAL=0
SHORT_IDENT_INTERVAL=0
EVENT_HANDLER=/usr/share/svxlink/events.tcl
DEFAULT_LANG=en_US
FX_GAIN_NORMAL=-16
FX_GAIN_LOW=-20

[UHF]
CONNECT_LOGICS=SimplexLogic:97:call1,UHFLogic:98:call2
DEFAULT_ACTIVE=0
TIMEOUT=9000
#TIMEOUT=0

You can modify DEFAULT_ACTIVE to 1 for the crossband to be active allways or not. You figure out.
Receivers/Transmitters shoud be named accordingly, those are not included in this example because there is nothing special in that config.

All the best!
Catalin yo7gqz
Romania's nationwide repeater system RoLink using SVXLink
http://439100.ro/content/map/

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 9:10 PM, Jordi Vidal <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

many thanks Catalin

I try this conf!!!

Jordi Vidal
EB3DVA

+34 622 526 926 -mòbil

[...]

Hi Catalin,
I make my conf and work!

thank you.

ONLY A new question, please!

Is possible to add roger beep to
UHFlogic?

My users want this feature in this frequency to know if the link work.

Thanks!

EB3DVA // *RADIOCAT* conference in Echolink

many thanks Catalin

I try this conf!!!

Jordi Vidal
EB3DVA