IP packet length and transport type

Gullik Webjorn
Hello list

Some thoughts about IP packet length and type:

I get a considerable delay of the speech, that I attribute to the use of
relatively long packets. This of course incurs a delay on assembly of
the packet, a short time for transport and a delay on disassembly /
playback. This is clearly noticeable even when running remotetrx on the
same LAN as the server.

Have anyone experimented with this?

Also, we got a lot of TCP errors / disconnects, when running svxlink
over wifi. The cause is of course a bad wifi, but other UDP based voice
applications seem to work without any major dropouts, so maybe the rate
of errors is low enough , for UDP to actually be perceived as better.

SM6FBD