Installing Svxlink

alan-55
Hi there,

I've just come across Svxlink and I'm trying to install it on a very minimal system. I've installed gsm and libsignc++ but having problems with the making svxlink. The errors are:

make[3]: *** No rule to make target `tcl.h', needed by `depend/EventHandler.dpp'.  Stop.

make[4]: *** No rule to make target `tcl.h', needed by `depend/QsoImpl.dpp'.  Stop.

Looking at the mailing list it also looks like TCL is a dependancy. Is that right? What versions are working with svxlink?

Many thanks

Alan

Re: Installing Svxlink

Tobias Blomberg
On Thursday 27 July 2006 23:43, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've just come across Svxlink and I'm trying to install it on a very
> minimal system. I've installed gsm and libsignc++ but having problems with
> the making svxlink. The errors are:
>
> make[3]: *** No rule to make target `tcl.h', needed by
> `depend/EventHandler.dpp'.  Stop.
>
> make[4]: *** No rule to make target `tcl.h', needed by
> `depend/QsoImpl.dpp'.  Stop.
>
> Looking at the mailing list it also looks like TCL is a dependancy. Is that
> right? What versions are working with svxlink?

Yes, I use TCL as a kind of advanced configuration/customization language.
Also, the voice mail module is completely written in TCL and there are a
couple of third party modules written in TCL as well.

I'm running Fedora Core 4 on my SvxLink server. The version of TCL there is:

$ rpm -q tcl-devel
tcl-devel-8.4.9-3

I don't think the version is critical unless it's really old.

I'm very interrested if you get SvxLink running under a minimal Linux system.
Please keep the list informed. A really small Linux system would be usable
for embedded devices. I've thought of getting it all compiled under uClinux
but I've been too busy.

There already is a CD-version and a do-it-yourself USB memory version of
SvxLink released by SM6VQJ / Birger. Search the mailing list for more info.

73 de SM0SVX / Tobias

Re: Installing Svxlink

alan-55
Thanks for the information Tobias,

I seem to have it running now but with no audio, maybe something to do with alsa.

To give you information on the setup I'm planning. It's based on Minimax (http://www.kotek.net/minimax/) on a compact flash card. With the EPIA motherboard this will give me a low power diskless/fanless system. Hopefully I will be able to underclock the board as well. Minimax is itself based on Gentoo with uClibc. Svxlink seems to compile OK. But there was one issue with the makefile.

When linking svxlink using the makefile the command is:

g++ -L../../lib  -rdynamic -Wl,-rpath-link,../../lib  -o ../../bin/svxlink svxlink.o LocalRx.o SquelchVox.o LocalTx.o MsgHandler.o ToneDetector.o DtmfDecoder.o Module.o AudioPacer.o Logic.o SimplexLogic.o RepeaterLogic.o EventHandler.o AudioSource.o AudioSink.o AudioSwitchMatrix.o Voter.o Rx.o CmdParser.o Recorder.o -lasynccpp -ldl -lpopt -ltcl

I got the error:

Logic.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN4SigC18AdaptorBindSlot0_1IvP6ModuleE6createEPNS_8SlotDataES2_+0xdd): In function `SigC::AdaptorBindSlot0_1<void, Module*>::create(SigC::SlotData*, Module*)':
/usr/include/sigc++-1.0/sigc++/bind.h:101: undefined reference to `SigC::AdaptorSlot_::copy_callback(SigC::SlotData*, SigC::AdaptorNode*)'

However I had to add -lsigc to the end of the command to tell it to use the libsigc++ library. Not sure whether this is an issue with Gentoo installing files in a different place to Fedora. After that no problem at all.

I look forward to connecting a radio.

Thanks

Alan