Quantcast

Integrating FESTIVAL or FLITE ...

ka2pbt
Hi all ... wondering if anyone has dabbled with integrating FESTIVAL or FLITE speech synthesis ???

I know I could just trigger something to create a wav which is then "played" ... but I was wondering if anyone was calling it directly from a script and eliminating the write to disk ....

Cheers!

--> Rob, KA2PBT

Re: Integrating FESTIVAL or FLITE ...

Joel Vazquez
Hi Rob,
I would consider to save it and play it back (I suposed you already consider this, but just in case :) ), so to save resources usage.  The resources needed to play should be way less.  If that would be useful for you, or anyone, I have a script and article on how to do it on my site...

http://wp3me.asuscomm.com/my-equipment/wxreportonnodeid/

Good luck,
73's DE WP3ME
Joel Vazquez-Rodriguez

Email: wp3me.pr@gmail.com
Web: www.wp3me.com

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 12:39 PM, ka2pbt <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all ... wondering if anyone has dabbled with integrating FESTIVAL or FLITE speech synthesis ???

I know I could just trigger something to create a wav which is then "played" ... but I was wondering if anyone was calling it directly from a script and eliminating the write to disk ....

Cheers!

--> Rob, KA2PBT

Re: Integrating FESTIVAL or FLITE ...

ka2pbt
Thanks Joel.

What I ended up doing is running my script to grab the weather stats from "wunderground" and build a wav file through flite from cron 2 minutes prior to the hour ..... then modifying local/Logic.tcl:send_long_ident to play the generated file.

--> Rob

--> Rob, KA2PBT
721st Mechanized Contest Battalion