LINK_IDLE_TIMEOUT

Fredrik SM6VTT

I have a question about configuration variables for the EchoLink module (svxlink.conf)

How do the LINK_IDLE_TIMEOUT work?

In the Windows based version it will do timeout if the connection is inactive (no tx
or rx) for a set variable (sek).

When I tested this function in SVX-link it seems like it count from the last tx a
connected station had? Is this correct?

My configuration were LINK_IDLE_TIMEOUT=15 and it were two connected stations
(users). The user in RX mode got timeout after 15sek even if he recived a signal.

73 de Fredrik SM6VTT

Re: LINK_IDLE_TIMEOUT

Fredrik SM6VTT
> I have a question about configuration variables for the EchoLink module
> (svxlink.conf)
>
> How do the LINK_IDLE_TIMEOUT work?
>
> In the Windows based version it will do timeout if the connection is
> inactive (no tx or rx) for a set variable (sek).
>
> When I tested this function in SVX-link it seems like it count from the
> last tx a connected station had? Is this correct?
>
> My configuration were LINK_IDLE_TIMEOUT=15 and it were two connected
> stations (users). The user in RX mode got timeout after 15sek even if he
> recived a signal.

I have tried again and I didn't get timeout with one connected user in rx
mode or one user and one link so I don't know why it did timeout yesterday.
I will get back if it arise again.

The reson for this short timeout is that I want the connected node to
disconnected before the local repeater falls.

73 de Fredrik SM6VTT