Low RX from Pi

Danny de Bont

Hi,

I want to migrate SvxLink from my current desktop to a Raspberry Pi 3. TX (from EchoLink) works fine, however RX (from RF to Echolink) is VERY soft, even with the volume full up on my transciever and max volume settings on alsamixer I can barely hear audio (playback from 9999).

The USB sound card I am using is a C-Media CM108 chipset. I have changed nothing in the configuration files (which I copied from the desktop to the RPi3) except the com port which is from ttyS0 to ttyUSB0.

Any pointers?

Danny
73's

Re: Low RX from Pi

Rob Janssen
Danny de Bont wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to migrate SvxLink from my current desktop to a Raspberry Pi 3. TX (from EchoLink) works fine, however RX (from RF to Echolink) is VERY soft, even with the volume full up on my transciever and max volume settings on alsamixer I can barely
> hear audio (playback from 9999).
>
> The USB sound card I am using is a C-Media CM108 chipset. I have changed nothing in the configuration files (which I copied from the desktop to the RPi3) except the com port which is from ttyS0 to ttyUSB0.
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Danny
> 73's

I would think that somehow the correct capture input has not been selected or the wrong pin is used on the input connector,
so what you are hearing is crosstalk from one input to another. Make sure you visit all pages in alsamixer and experiment
with all the controls (sliders, mute and capture toggles)