Map of echolink nodes

sp2ong
If anybody would like add on own internet page map of existing
echolink nodes it easy to do

The map of echolinks nodes  is useful who anybody travels to new
places and would like to know what echolinks stations are available in
this area

From  crontab run following script

#!/bin/sh
curl -ssssss http://www.echolink.org/node_location.kmz -o /tmp/node_location.kmz
cd /tmp
cp /tmp/node_location.kmz /tmp/map.zip
unzip /tmp/map.zip
cp /tmp/doc.kml /var/www/html/maps/nodes.kml
rm /tmp/map.zip
rm /tmp/doc.kml

in directory /var/www/html/maps  put index.html file with follwoing containg

<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
    <title>EchoLink Nodes map</title>
      /* Always set the map height explicitly to define the size of the div
       * element that contains the map. */
      #map {
        height: 100%;
      }
      /* Optional: Makes the sample page fill the window. */
      html, body {
        height: 100%;
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
      }
  </head>
    <script>

      function initMap() {

        var map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById('map'), {
          center: new google.maps.LatLng(52.0, 18.0),
          mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.TERRAIN,
          zoom: 7
        });
      var nodes = 'http://YOUR_URL_WWW/maps/nodes.kml?ver=' + Date.now();
        var kmlLayer = new google.maps.KmlLayer(
         nodes,{preserveViewport:true});

          kmlLayer.setMap(map);
     }
    </script>
    <script async defer
    src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR_API_GM_KEY&callback=initMap">
    </script>
=========================

In index.html file, you must change

Adjust your local coordinates and zoom:

        center: new google.maps.LatLng(52.0, 18.0),
          zoom: 7

Replace YOUR_URL_WWW to according your URL address to map:

var nodes = 'http://YOUR_URL_WWW/maps/nodes.kml?ver=' + Date.now();

Generate own API Google Map API KEY and put instead YOUR_API_GM_KEY

src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR_API_GM_KEY&callback=initMap">

API KEY you can generate:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key

On map are displayed all echolink nodes which send own location from
Echolink program or from svxlink via [LocationInfo] module. I know
that many users have a problem put correct xy coordinates in svxlink
because format coordinates is different like used in APRS software. It
maybe in
future will be useful change format xy coordinates to the same like in
APRS application

73 Waldek

Re: Map of echolink nodes

sp2ong
I forgot to add link to example map

http://sq2yc.ddns.net/map/

73 Waldek SP2ONG

> [...]
>
>         center: new google.maps.LatLng(52.0, 18.0),
>           zoom: 7
>
> Replace YOUR_URL_WWW to according your URL address to map:
>
> var nodes = 'http://YOUR_URL_WWW/maps/nodes.kml?ver=' + Date.now();
>

> Generate own API Google Map API KEY and put instead YOUR_API_GM_KEY
>
> src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR_API_GM_KEY&callback=initMap">
>
> API KEY you can generate:
>
> https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key
>

> On map are displayed all echolink nodes which send own location from
> Echolink program or from svxlink via [LocationInfo] module. I know
> that many users have a problem put correct xy coordinates in svxlink
> because format coordinates is different like used in APRS software. It
> maybe in
> future will be useful change format xy coordinates to the same like in

Re: Map of echolink nodes

Joe Erlewein N8CN

Hi Waldek,

This is swell! Thank you! I am going to do this and embed it on our club website…

One question - did I misconfigure svxlink? I am not seeing our node (W8TCM) on the map.
I assume there is a field somewhere that I must enter latitude and longitude?

Thanks and 73
Joe N8CN

> [...]
>>
>>        center: new google.maps.LatLng(52.0, 18.0),
>>          zoom: 7
>>
>> Replace YOUR_URL_WWW to according your URL address to map:
>>
>> var nodes = 'http://YOUR_URL_WWW/maps/nodes.kml?ver=' + Date.now();
>>

>> Generate own API Google Map API KEY and put instead YOUR_API_GM_KEY
>>
>> src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR_API_GM_KEY&callback=initMap">
>>
>> API KEY you can generate:
>>
>> https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key
>>

>> On map are displayed all echolink nodes which send own location from
>> Echolink program or from svxlink via [LocationInfo] module. I know
>> that many users have a problem put correct xy coordinates in svxlink
>> because format coordinates is different like used in APRS software. It
>> maybe in
>> future will be useful change format xy coordinates to the same like in

Re: Map of echolink nodes

sp2ong
HI Joe,

The map is produced form information:

http://echolink.org/links.jsp?title=&d=2&sel=all&lat_fix=&lon_fix=&lat_deg=&lat_min=&lat_NS=&lon_deg=&lon_min=&
lon_EW=&gs=&offset=1800

It looks like your node W8TCM don't send positions via module svxlink:

You must add in svxlink.conf in [GLOBAL]

LOCATION_INFO=LocationInfo

and configure module:

[LocationInfo]
APRS_SERVER_LIST=noam.aprs2.net:14580
STATUS_SERVER_LIST=aprs.echolink.org:5199
#
LON_POSITION=85.37.12W
LAT_POSITION=44.45.36N
CALLSIGN=EL-W8TCM
FREQUENCY=146.860
#
TX_POWER=5
ANTENNA_GAIN=0
ANTENNA_HEIGHT=106m
ANTENNA_DIR=-1
PATH=WIDE1-1
BEACON_INTERVAL=10
COMMENT=SvxLink EchoLink Traverse City, Michigan

 I have put location W8TCM in example but you can verify by

http://www.geoplaner.com/

If yes all OK please change only TX_POWER, ANTENNA_GAIN,
ANTENNA_HEIGHT and FREQUENCY.

Please don't change CALLSIGN must be like EL-W8TCM

73 Waldek

> [...]
>>>
>>>        center: new google.maps.LatLng(52.0, 18.0),
>>>          zoom: 7
>>>
>>> Replace YOUR_URL_WWW to according your URL address to map:
>>>
>>> var nodes = 'http://YOUR_URL_WWW/maps/nodes.kml?ver=' + Date.now();
>>>

>>> Generate own API Google Map API KEY and put instead YOUR_API_GM_KEY
>>>
>>> src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR_API_GM_KEY&callback=initMap">
>>>
>>> API KEY you can generate:
>>>
>>> https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key
>>>

>>> On map are displayed all echolink nodes which send own location from
>>> Echolink program or from svxlink via [LocationInfo] module. I know
>>> that many users have a problem put correct xy coordinates in svxlink
>>> because format coordinates is different like used in APRS software. It
>>> maybe in
>>> future will be useful change format xy coordinates to the same like in

Re: Map of echolink nodes

sp2ong
Short instruction if want to see ypur node on own google map

The map is produced from information:

http://echolink.org/links.jsp?title=&d=2&sel=all&lat_fix=&lon_fix=&lat_deg=&lat_min=&lat_NS=&lon_deg=&lon_min=&
lon_EW=&gs=&offset=1800

If you want to see own echolink node on map you must add in
svxlink.conf in [GLOBAL]

LOCATION_INFO=LocationInfo

and configure module LocationInfo:

[LocationInfo]
# send your coordinates to APRS Server
APRS_SERVER_LIST=rotate.aprs2.net:14580
# Send your coordinates and status to echolink server
# this information it will be used to display on own google map
STATUS_SERVER_LIST=aprs.echolink.org:5199
# put you XY coordinates use
# http://www.geoplaner.com/ - format dd.mm.ssX where X is N,S,W,E
LON_POSITION=81.37.12W
LAT_POSITION=45.45.36N
# Put callsign your echolink node in
# in follwoing EX-N0CAL
# replace N0CAL your callsign withour -L or -R
# replace EX to ER if your Node Repeater or EL if your node Simplex node
CALLSIGN=EX-N0CAL
#
FREQUENCY=146.860
# adjust your information below:
TX_POWER=5
ANTENNA_GAIN=0
ANTENNA_HEIGHT=106m
ANTENNA_DIR=-1
#
PATH=WIDE1-1
BEACON_INTERVAL=10
COMMENT=SvxLink EchoLink Traverse City, Michigan

Ater this restart svxlink