Merge RX1 RF audio with TRXmulti - jackd

Merge RX1 RF audio with TRXmulti - jackd

sp2ong
I have try with SmileLogic mode put RF audio to internet stream. I have setup
TX= MultiTx with alsa loop (from svxlink wiki) but I have only audio
from Internet incoming voice

I have found software "jackd"

http://jackaudio.org/faq/multiple_devices.html

it is look that maybe have possibility merge audio from RF with MultiTX.

Dose anybody jackd try use to merge audio  ???

73 Waldek

Re: Merge RX1 RF audio with TRXmulti - jackd

Marius Petrescu
The easiest way to get this running is to setup another simplex logic, e.g.:

[StreamerLogic]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:hw:Loopback,0,1
PTT_TYPE=NONE

Now if you connect this logic to your SimplexLogic, you will get
internet and local audio:

[StreamerLink]
CONNECT_LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamerLogic
DEFAULT_ACTIVE=1

Marius, YO2LOJ

On 2017-04-30 14:01, [hidden email] wrote:

> I have try with SmileLogic mode put RF audio to internet stream. I have setup
> TX= MultiTx with alsa loop (from svxlink wiki) but I have only audio
> from Internet incoming voice
>

> I have found software "jackd"
>
> http://jackaudio.org/faq/multiple_devices.html
>
> it is look that maybe have possibility merge audio from RF with MultiTX.
>
> Dose anybody jackd try use to merge audio  ???
>
> 73 Waldek

Re: Merge RX1 RF audio with TRXmulti - jackd

sp2ong
Hi Marius

I am not sure but at current I have:

[GLOBAL]
LOGICS=SimplexLogic

[SimplexLogic]
TYPE=Simplex
RX=Voter
TX=MultiTx

[Rx1]
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1

[Tx1]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1

[MultiTx]
TYPE=Multi
TRANSMITTERS=Tx1,TxStream

[TxStream]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:hw:Loopback,0,2

In this configuration I have get via "darkice" device =
plug_Loopback_1_2 only audio from connected via internet stations

You are suggest to following :

[GLOBAL]
LOGICS=SimplexLogic

[SimplexLogic]
TYPE=Simplex
RX=Voter
TX=MultiTx

[Rx1]
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1

[Tx1]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1

[StreamLogic]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:hw:Loopback,0,2
PTT_TYPE=NONE

[StreamerLink]
CONNECT_LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamerLogic
DEFAULT_ACTIVE=1

and in "darkice" device = plug_Loopback_1_2 will audio from connected
via internet stations and RF stations ?

73 Waldek

> The easiest way to get this running is to setup another simplex logic, e.g.:
>
> [StreamerLogic]
> TYPE=Local
> AUDIO_DEV=alsa:hw:Loopback,0,1
> PTT_TYPE=NONE
>
> Now if you connect this logic to your SimplexLogic, you will get
> internet and local audio:
>
> [StreamerLink]
> CONNECT_LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamerLogic
> DEFAULT_ACTIVE=1
>
> Marius, YO2LOJ
>
> On 2017-04-30 14:01, [hidden email] wrote:
>> I have try with SmileLogic mode put RF audio to internet stream. I have setup
>> TX= MultiTx with alsa loop (from svxlink wiki) but I have only audio
>> from Internet incoming voice
>>

>> I have found software "jackd"
>>
>> http://jackaudio.org/faq/multiple_devices.html
>>
>> it is look that maybe have possibility merge audio from RF with MultiTX.
>>
>> Dose anybody jackd try use to merge audio  ???
>>
>> 73 Waldek

Re: Merge RX1 RF audio with TRXmulti - jackd

sp2ong
I have chnage my setup to:

[GLOBAL]
LOGICS=SimplexLogic

[SimplexLogic]
TYPE=Simplex
RX=Voter
TX=Tx1

[Rx1]
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1

[Tx1]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1

[StreamLogic]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:hw:Loopback,0,1
PTT_TYPE=NONE

[StreamerLink]
CONNECT_LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamerLogic
DEFAULT_ACTIVE=1

I have setup this but what I need put in "darkice" device = ????   I
have in assound.conf:

pcm_slave.hw_Loopback_1_2 {
pcm "hw:Loopback,1,2"
format S16_LE
channels 2
rate 48000
}
pcm.plug_Loopback_1_2 {
type plug
slave hw_Loopback_1_2
ttable {
0.0 = 1
0.1 = 1
}
}

I need change ???

Waldek

> The easiest way to get this running is to setup another simplex logic, e.g.:
>
> [StreamerLogic]
> TYPE=Local
> AUDIO_DEV=alsa:hw:Loopback,0,1
> PTT_TYPE=NONE
>
> Now if you connect this logic to your SimplexLogic, you will get
> internet and local audio:
>
> [StreamerLink]
> CONNECT_LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamerLogic
> DEFAULT_ACTIVE=1
>
> Marius, YO2LOJ
>
> On 2017-04-30 14:01, [hidden email] wrote:
>> I have try with SmileLogic mode put RF audio to internet stream. I have setup
>> TX= MultiTx with alsa loop (from svxlink wiki) but I have only audio
>> from Internet incoming voice
>>

>> I have found software "jackd"
>>
>> http://jackaudio.org/faq/multiple_devices.html
>>
>> it is look that maybe have possibility merge audio from RF with MultiTX.
>>
>> Dose anybody jackd try use to merge audio  ???
>>
>> 73 Waldek

Re: Merge RX1 RF audio with TRXmulti - jackd

Marius Petrescu
Sorry, I got it wrong... So you need something like this:

[GLOBAL]
LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamerLogic
LINKS=StreamerLink

[SimplexLogic]
TYPE=Simplex
RX=Rx1
TX=Tx1

[Rx1]
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1

[Tx1]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1

[StreamLogic]
TYPE=Simplex
TX=Streamer
RX=NONE

[Streamer]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:hw:Loopback,0,1
PTT_TYPE=NONE

[StreamerLink]
CONNECT_LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamLogic
DEFAULT_ACTIVE=1

In darkice, you would need to use

[input]
device=hw:Loopback,1,1
sampleRate = 16000
bitsPerSample = 16
. . .

Re: Merge RX1 RF audio with TRXmulti - jackd

sp2ong
Ok now more clear for me configuration and done but in log svxlink:

Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017: SimplexLogic: Event handler script
successfully loaded.
Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017:
Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017: Starting logic: StreamerLogic
Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017: *** ERROR: Config variable
StreamerLogic/EVENT_HANDLER not set
Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017: *** ERROR: Could not initialize Logic object
"StreamerLogic". Skipping...
Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017: *** WARNING: Logic StreamerLogic has been
specified in logic link StreamerLink but that logic i
s missing. Removing logic from link.

> Sorry, I got it wrong... So you need something like this:
>
> [GLOBAL]
> LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamerLogic
> LINKS=StreamerLink
>
> [SimplexLogic]
> TYPE=Simplex
> RX=Rx1
> TX=Tx1
>
> [Rx1]
> AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1
>
> [Tx1]
> TYPE=Local
> AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1
>
> [StreamLogic]
> TYPE=Simplex
> TX=Streamer
> RX=NONE
>
> [Streamer]
> TYPE=Local
> AUDIO_DEV=alsa:hw:Loopback,0,1
> PTT_TYPE=NONE
>
> [StreamerLink]
> CONNECT_LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamLogic
> DEFAULT_ACTIVE=1
>

> In darkice, you would need to use
>
> [input]
> device=hw:Loopback,1,1
> sampleRate = 16000
> bitsPerSample = 16
> . . .

Re: Merge RX1 RF audio with TRXmulti - jackd

sp2ong
Hi Marius,

I have copy SimpleLogic.tcl to StreamerLogic.tcl in even.d/ directory
and now I have audio from RF on darkice by not audio form Internet

[GLOBAL]
LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamerLogic
LINKS=StreamerLink

[SimplexLogic]
TYPE=Simplex
RX=Rx1
TX=Tx1

[Rx1]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1
AUDIO_CHANNEL=0

[Tx1]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1
AUDIO_CHANNEL=0

[StreamerLink]
CONNECT_LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamerLogic
DEFAULT_ACTIVE=1
OPTIONS=DEFAULT_CONNECT,NO_DISCONNECT

[TxStream]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:hw:Loopback,0,1
AUDIO_CHANNEL=0
PTT_TYPE=NONE
TIMEOUT=7200
TX_DELAY=0
PREEMPHASIS=0

Maybe I need create section

[MultiTx]
TYPE=Multi
TRANSMITTERS=Tx1,TxStream
AUDIO_CHANNEL=0
PTT_TYPE=NONE
TIMEOUT=7200
TX_DELAY=0
PREEMPHASIS=0

and replace in [SimpleLogic] TX1 from

TX=Tx1

TX=MultiTx

????

73 Waldek

> Ok now more clear for me configuration and done but in log svxlink:
>

> Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017: SimplexLogic: Event handler script
> successfully loaded.
> Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017:
> Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017: Starting logic: StreamerLogic
> Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017: *** ERROR: Config variable
> StreamerLogic/EVENT_HANDLER not set
> Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017: *** ERROR: Could not initialize Logic object
> "StreamerLogic". Skipping...
> Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017: *** WARNING: Logic StreamerLogic has been
> specified in logic link StreamerLink but that logic i
> s missing. Removing logic from link.

>> Sorry, I got it wrong... So you need something like this:
>>
>> [GLOBAL]
>> LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamerLogic
>> LINKS=StreamerLink
>>
>> [SimplexLogic]
>> TYPE=Simplex
>> RX=Rx1
>> TX=Tx1
>>
>> [Rx1]
>> AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1
>>
>> [Tx1]
>> TYPE=Local
>> AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1
>>
>> [StreamLogic]
>> TYPE=Simplex
>> TX=Streamer
>> RX=NONE
>>
>> [Streamer]
>> TYPE=Local
>> AUDIO_DEV=alsa:hw:Loopback,0,1
>> PTT_TYPE=NONE
>>
>> [StreamerLink]
>> CONNECT_LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamLogic
>> DEFAULT_ACTIVE=1
>>

>> In darkice, you would need to use
>>
>> [input]
>> device=hw:Loopback,1,1
>> sampleRate = 16000
>> bitsPerSample = 16
>> . . .

Re: Merge RX1 RF audio with TRXmulti - jackd

Marius Petrescu
Yes, that would work.

In  my setup I have 2 streamer audio interfaces, and they use the same
Loopback, one uses channel 1 and the other channel 2:

[StreamerL]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:hw:Loopback,0,1
AUDIO_CHANNEL=0
PTT_TYPE=NONE

[StreamerR]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:hw:Loopback,0,1
AUDIO_CHANNEL=1
PTT_TYPE=NONE

In darkice I use:

[input]
device=hw:Loopback,1,1
sampleRate = 16000
bitsPerSample = 16
channel = 2

So I get a stereo stream in darkice, one channel for the internet, the
other one for the local repeater.

Marius, YO2LOJ

On 2017-04-30 20:29, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Marius,
>
> I have copy SimpleLogic.tcl to StreamerLogic.tcl in even.d/ directory
> and now I have audio from RF on darkice by not audio form Internet
>
> [GLOBAL]
> LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamerLogic
> LINKS=StreamerLink
>

> [SimplexLogic]
> TYPE=Simplex
> RX=Rx1
> TX=Tx1
>
> [Rx1]
> TYPE=Local
> AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1
> AUDIO_CHANNEL=0
>
> [Tx1]
> TYPE=Local
> AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1
> AUDIO_CHANNEL=0
>
> [StreamerLink]
> CONNECT_LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamerLogic
> DEFAULT_ACTIVE=1
> OPTIONS=DEFAULT_CONNECT,NO_DISCONNECT
>

> [TxStream]
> TYPE=Local
> AUDIO_DEV=alsa:hw:Loopback,0,1
> AUDIO_CHANNEL=0
> PTT_TYPE=NONE
> TIMEOUT=7200
> TX_DELAY=0
> PREEMPHASIS=0
>

> Maybe I need create section
>
> [MultiTx]
> TYPE=Multi
> TRANSMITTERS=Tx1,TxStream
> AUDIO_CHANNEL=0
> PTT_TYPE=NONE
> TIMEOUT=7200
> TX_DELAY=0
> PREEMPHASIS=0
>

> and replace in [SimpleLogic] TX1 from
>
> TX=Tx1

> TX=MultiTx
>

> ????
>

> 73 Waldek

>> Ok now more clear for me configuration and done but in log svxlink:
>>

>> Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017: SimplexLogic: Event handler script
>> successfully loaded.
>> Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017:
>> Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017: Starting logic: StreamerLogic
>> Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017: *** ERROR: Config variable
>> StreamerLogic/EVENT_HANDLER not set
>> Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017: *** ERROR: Could not initialize Logic object
>> "StreamerLogic". Skipping...
>> Sun Apr 30 16:49:10 2017: *** WARNING: Logic StreamerLogic has been
>> specified in logic link StreamerLink but that logic i
>> s missing. Removing logic from link.

>>> Sorry, I got it wrong... So you need something like this:
>>>
>>> [GLOBAL]
>>> LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamerLogic
>>> LINKS=StreamerLink
>>>
>>> [SimplexLogic]
>>> TYPE=Simplex
>>> RX=Rx1
>>> TX=Tx1
>>>
>>> [Rx1]
>>> AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1
>>>
>>> [Tx1]
>>> TYPE=Local
>>> AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:1
>>>
>>> [StreamLogic]
>>> TYPE=Simplex
>>> TX=Streamer
>>> RX=NONE
>>>
>>> [Streamer]
>>> TYPE=Local
>>> AUDIO_DEV=alsa:hw:Loopback,0,1
>>> PTT_TYPE=NONE
>>>
>>> [StreamerLink]
>>> CONNECT_LOGICS=SimplexLogic,StreamLogic
>>> DEFAULT_ACTIVE=1
>>>

>>> In darkice, you would need to use
>>>
>>> [input]
>>> device=hw:Loopback,1,1