Module Echolink -> Echolink Logic

Martin Burkhardt
Hi list,

I am wondering how much work it would be and if it would make sence to convert the Echolink module into a Logic so that a Configuration with more than one logic could use a common Echolink access.

My Idea is the following. There is one logic containing the Echolink feature. Another logic would be the repeater logic (and maybe another one is the simplex logic, because that feature would only make sence with more than one Active logic). The Echolink Logic by default connects to the repeaterlogic when a echolink connection is comming in. But if someone from the simplex site wants a echolink QSO at the moment this is not possible. With the new logic that would be possible because he connects to the echolink logic (as now the module has to be activated) and than every DTMF command is passed to the echolink logic (as now it is to the module).

I hope I was clear enough. If not please ask. For the moment this is just an idea I had. The reason is that a few years ago we had a repeater with some remote trx logics and only the repeaterlogic was able to use echolink.

--
73 de Martin, DF1AMB

Re: Module Echolink -> Echolink Logic

F5VMR Orange
Technically it would be possible perhaps to have EchoLink on a server (not
radio connected) to which all the repeaters and simplex nodes were also
connected, but where all dtmf signals could be permitted to pass to activate
the EchoLink when necessary, or perhaps be permanently in "ON" or "Standby"
state. I would not wish to do this to our system presently, but we have such
a server that is the hub of the audio connections between the repeaters.

Chris F5VMR