Multiple instances of NetUpLinkTrx

Gullik Webjorn
Hello,

Has anybody tried multiple instances of NetUpLinkTrx in remotetrx?

Should this be possible?

Assume one good receiver site, with multiple receivers on different
frequencies, where each

receiver serves one  svxlink server, i.e. colocation of receivers.

If this does not ( assumed ) work, how about multiple instances of
remotetrx, with separate IP ports and separate audio cards (config
files) ? Would there be anything to *prevent* such a trick?

Regards,

Gullik / SM6FBD

Re: Multiple instances of NetUpLinkTrx

Rob Janssen
Gullik Webjorn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anybody tried multiple instances of NetUpLinkTrx in remotetrx?
>
> Should this be possible?
>
> Assume one good receiver site, with multiple receivers on different
> frequencies, where each
>
> receiver serves one  svxlink server, i.e. colocation of receivers.
>

> If this does not ( assumed ) work, how about multiple instances of
> remotetrx, with separate IP ports and separate audio cards (config
> files) ? Would there be anything to *prevent* such a trick?

Yes that works fine, you can also use the L and R channel of the same audio card for this.
It is possible both with a single instance and with multiple instances.
We have RTL-SDR based receivers on a number of sites alongside the normal hardware RX.
We run them in a separate instance to distribute the CPU load over multiple cores.
But when this is not important, you can use a single instance.
(each instance uses only a single core)