NAT on SVXserver

Jordi Vidal
Hello everyone again.

As some already know, bring the administration of network links and repeaters in Catalonian conference "Catalana & Radiocat" in Echolink service.

Now the network is connected via a proxy server and Echolink connects all the nodes (15 and growing)

My idea is to take the experience of F5VMR https://f5vmr.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/svxserver/ server svxlink and dissociated system to Echolink, activating only one of the nodes in this service to give access to IP devices.

My question is whether I need the routers must have NAT port forwarding to communicate with the server, because these devices are connecting to the Internet individually via ?DSL.

Thanks!

Jordi Vidal
EB3AM
Catalonia

Re: NAT on SVXserver

Rob Janssen
Jordi Vidal wrote:
> Hello everyone again.
>
> As some already know, bring the administration of network links and repeaters in Catalonian conference "Catalana & Radiocat" in Echolink service.
>
> Now the network is connected via a proxy server and Echolink connects all the nodes (15 and growing)

W.r.t. that I can tell you that we have no problem with repeaters being connected all the time to our Echolink proxies (44.137.75.x)
When we would run out of capacity, we can just add extra proxies.

Of course it is always ok to try alternative solutions as well.