PTT_TYPE=PTY

Rob Janssen
I am trying a setup with PTT_TYPE=PTY for some special purpose, and it appears
it no longer works.  Probably this is the result of some rework in the Pty code to support
the event mechanism via Pty.

When I start remotetrx with a Tx1 with PTT_TYPE=PTY I get:

--- Using sample rate 48000Hz
Setting up trx "NetUplinkTrx1"
RX: Rx1
TX: Tx1
setPin: No such file or directory
*** ERROR: Could not initialize tx object "Tx1" for trx "NetUplinkTrx1".
*** ERROR: Failed to setup trx NetUplinkTrx1
*** ERROR: No trxs successfully initialized. Bailing out...

I think the problem is in svxlink/src/svxlink/trx/PttPty.cpp:

bool PttPty::setTxOn(bool tx_on)
{
   char cmd(tx_on ? 'T' : 'R');
   return (pty->write(&cmd, 1) != 1);
} /* PttPty::setTxOn */

It should be == 1 instead of != 1.

Re: PTT_TYPE=PTY

Tobias Blomberg
On Wednesday 06 May 2015 15:33:10 Rob Janssen wrote:

> I am trying a setup with PTT_TYPE=PTY for some special purpose, and it
> appears it no longer works.  Probably this is the result of some rework in
> the Pty code to support the event mechanism via Pty.
>
> When I start remotetrx with a Tx1 with PTT_TYPE=PTY I get:
>
> --- Using sample rate 48000Hz
> Setting up trx "NetUplinkTrx1"
> RX: Rx1
> TX: Tx1
> setPin: No such file or directory
> *** ERROR: Could not initialize tx object "Tx1" for trx "NetUplinkTrx1".
> *** ERROR: Failed to setup trx NetUplinkTrx1
> *** ERROR: No trxs successfully initialized. Bailing out...
>
> I think the problem is in svxlink/src/svxlink/trx/PttPty.cpp:
>
> bool PttPty::setTxOn(bool tx_on)
> {
>    char cmd(tx_on ? 'T' : 'R');
>    return (pty->write(&cmd, 1) != 1);