Qtel & Proxy

Big Wave Dave
I did some searching in the archives, and saw this post:
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=13969738

I am not trying to accomplish the same goals, but did see that
"proxyies" are not supported.

Is this something that can/will be added?

I am in need of this feature.  I have a server set up at home with the
correct firewall holes configured and such.  I then run echoproxy on
that machine.  I can then VPN to the house from anywhere in the world,
and proxy through that machine.  It works great on the windows side of
life, but would love to have a Linux solution as well.

I must say that Qtel is the best echolinux frontend I have seen!  Keep
up the great work!

Thanks,
Dave

Are Your Friends Lemmings?
-- http://www.lemmingshirts.com

Re: Qtel & Proxy

Tobias Blomberg
On Monday 09 October 2006 19:58, Big Wave Dave wrote:
> I did some searching in the archives, and saw this post:
> https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=13969738
>
> I am not trying to accomplish the same goals, but did see that
> "proxyies" are not supported.
>
> Is this something that can/will be added?

Right now that is a long way down on the TODO list. I primarily work on the
SvxLink server where a proxy makes no sense. Maybe some time in the future.
There are a couple of things I would like to improve in Qtel but I just don't
have enough time.

> I am in need of this feature.  I have a server set up at home with the
> correct firewall holes configured and such.  I then run echoproxy on
> that machine.  I can then VPN to the house from anywhere in the world,
> and proxy through that machine.  It works great on the windows side of
> life, but would love to have a Linux solution as well.
>
> I must say that Qtel is the best echolinux frontend I have seen!  Keep
> up the great work!

Thanks!

Just a note, Qtel (or SvxLink server) is not a echolinux frontend. The
echolink code is totally rewritten in C++. However, I had much help from the
echolinux code when I wrote my code so credists go to the cqinet team for
doing their work. Open source is great :-)

73 de SM0SVX / Tobias