Quantcast

Qtel won't connect to any station

Nadav Levintov
Hello,

I am new to this, I am trying to use a raspberry pi 3 and use qtel.

I open the qtel and it open fine, I also can see my call sign from other echolink PC client but I cannot connect and others cannot connect to me, we get time out.

I tried portfw but when I did the Qtel didn't load at all.

Thank for your help.
Nadav.

--
Thank you,
Nadav.

Re: Qtel won't connect to any station

Rob Janssen
Nadav Levintov schreef op 2016-07-29 13:37:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to this, I am trying to use a raspberry pi 3 and use qtel.
>
> I open the qtel and it open fine, I also can see my call sign from
> other echolink PC client but I cannot connect and others cannot
> connect to me, we get time out.
>
> I tried portfw but when I did the Qtel didn't load at all.

qtel requires the usual outgoing connect ability (normal NAT) plus
incoming
port forwards of UDP port 5198 and 5199 from the NAT router to the
system where
it is running.
Nothing else.  (claims about TCP port forwarding of port 5200 are false)

When you have no port forwarding but a working NAT that respects UDP
sessions
for at least a few seconds, you should still be able to connect to a
busy
repeater like node 430125 and hear the audio.   When the remote is
silent for
some time (30-300 seconds depending on your router) you will lose the
audio.

When audio does not work at all even on a busy repeater, you have a
router
or firewall problem.

Re: Qtel won't connect to any station

Nadav Levintov
Thank you.
Is there a way to use an open port by default? Like 80?
I am making a portable echo link node and won't always be able to use portforward.

Thank you.

Nadav Levintov wrote:
> Thank you.
> Is there a way to use an open port by default? Like 80?
> I am making a portable echo link node and won't always be able to use portforward.
>
> Thank you.

No, you cannot select the port.
But in cases like that you can configure an echolink proxy server.
You can go to http://echolink.org/proxylist.jsp and select a server near the top of the
list that is not in use, and configure it in qtel (name or address, and portnumber)

In that case you don't have to do port forwarding, but you have to select the proxy
manually and when it is in use, select another.

Re: Qtel won't connect to any station

Nadav Levintov
I'll try, thank you.