Question about online Streaming

Joel Vazquez
Hi,
I would love to stream my node to the internet, for ex to my website.  But I cant find a guide to follow for how to do it.  I saw the article on the svxlink github site, but for me is not very clear how to do it.  Will appreciate if anyone can guide me on how to do it.

Thanks in advance,
73's DE WP3ME
Joel Vazquez-Rodriguez

Email: wp3me.pr@gmail.com
Web: www.wp3me.com

Re: Question about online Streaming

Tony Langdon
On 6/01/2016 4:49 AM, Joel Vazquez wrote:
Hi,
I would love to stream my node to the internet, for ex to my website.  But I cant find a guide to follow for how to do it.  I saw the article on the svxlink github site, but for me is not very clear how to do it.  Will appreciate if anyone can guide me on how to do it.

Thanks in advance,

Coincidentally, Chris Jjackson posted how to do this on the SvxLink Facebook page.  Here's his post.  Please don't direct questions to me, I'm only passing this on, though I have done something similar with a system based on different software.  If you're on Facebook, a link to the group with the original post is here (you will probably need to join the group).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1497393903846836/

Streaming audio from your svxlink installation.

I thought I had already documented the installation so here goes.

First of all download and install darkice and icecast into your Linux computer. You will need to open port 8800 on any modem that you use, and services up to any dyndns that you might need.
I am assuming you have a debian or raspbian installation.
You will need to read up on icecast.

Edit a new file in /etc/ by sudo nano /etc/asound.conf
pcm_slave.hw_Loopback_1_2 {
pcm "hw:Loopback,1,2"
format S16_LE
channels 2
rate 48000
}

pcm.plug_Loopback_1_2 {
type plug
slave hw_Loopback_1_2
ttable {
0.0 = 1
0.1 = 1
}
}
save by ctrlO
and reboot.
then sudo nano /etc/svxlink/svxlink.conf
in [RepeaterLogic]
change TX=Tx1 to read TX=MultiTx

Create new section
[MultiTx]
TYPE=Multi
TRANSMITTERS=Tx1,TxStream

Create new section
[TxStream]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:hw:Loopback,0,2
AUDIO_CHANNEL=0
PTT_TYPE=NONE
TIMEOUT=7200
TX_DELAY=0
PREEMPHASIS=0

Save the file and reboot. I may have missed a step, so if anyone seeing the miss please tell me.

Just a reminder of <a f5a3cfeda25971b="true" href="http://f5zgm.f8kfz.org:19800/stream" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmouseover='LinkshimAsyncLink.swap(this, "http:\/\/f5zgm.f8kfz.org:19800\/stream");' onclick='LinkshimAsyncLink.referrer_log(this, "http:\/\/f5zgm.f8kfz.org:19800\/stream", "\/si\/ajax\/l\/render_linkshim_log\/?u=http\u00253A\u00252F\u00252Ff5zgm.f8kfz.org\u00253A19800\u00252Fstream&amp;h=hAQF8BL1kAQFPtgA0_rAQL0XVCtNPWeaUfLJ_l1_iGNm9Wg&amp;render_verification=0&amp;enc=AZOxmHYzkOr1TXAItLyxbfZoIrvRKYIqK2xJq7K2NVDcOPdJ9KOZImkvNfg5U_c3UwVF4ud4dq8BeZ1A44dea0K3ICQLY_wpLIMjEPZs_v8S2bdpKy9Q1IVcCci4lAdrv4ThxsbEzkqDXgIh9C_4Wlyj4RaGnPFXAzRxERo_PrLSODlZEBq0WryAU_Xal5oeolA&amp;d");'>f5zgm.f8kfz.org:19800/stream

where you will find F5ZGM-R. I am using a different port that references 8800 internally to the repeater.

73's DE WP3ME
Joel Vazquez-Rodriguez

Email: wp3me.pr@gmail.com
Web: www.wp3me.com

73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com

Re: Question about online Streaming

Rob Janssen
Tony Langdon wrote:

Coincidentally, Chris Jjackson posted how to do this on the SvxLink Facebook page.  Here's his post.

It is a copy of the directions on the Wiki, isn't it?
I think that it documents all the steps required to do the installation, so it is not very clear to me what Joel needs
additionally to this...

Re: Question about online Streaming

Joel Vazquez
Thanks, Yes, the hard part of it is with icecast and darkice...  But after several hours playing with the settings I was able to at least view on the browser the stream when I run darkice, but now I have no audio on the browser, but svxlink is working fine with perfect audio.

Also, I have switch to repeater logic to make this settings and test with it, but can I do it as a simplex node?  So that all audio RX/TX is forwarded to the internet...

Thanks again,

73's DE WP3ME
Joel Vazquez-Rodriguez

Email: wp3me.pr@gmail.com
Web: www.wp3me.com

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 6:12 PM, Rob Janssen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tony Langdon wrote:

Coincidentally, Chris Jjackson posted how to do this on the SvxLink Facebook page.  Here's his post.

It is a copy of the directions on the Wiki, isn't it?
I think that it documents all the steps required to do the installation, so it is not very clear to me what Joel needs
additionally to this...

Re: Question about online Streaming

Joel Vazquez
Nevermind, Found a error in the svxlink.conf file... hihi...
Now I still have my last question, how can I make it work to forward both RX/TX to the internet as a simplex node...

Thanks!

73's DE WP3ME
Joel Vazquez-Rodriguez

Email: wp3me.pr@gmail.com