Quantcast

RPi sxvlink node quick check

Steve Wright
Greetings!

I'll put together a Raspberry Pi remote (mountain top) svxlink unit on
some UHF frequency.  It'll be simple unit with a non-isolated USB audio
device and some GPIO signalling.

Are these instructions current?

https://github.com/sm0svx/svxlink/wiki/InstallationInstructions

Also is there a preferred Pi, or one to avoid?

Many thanks,

Steve

Re: RPi sxvlink node quick check

F5VMR Orange
The instruction list is current and comprehensive, but full attention should be given to the additional software list otherwise the installation will fail. Recommend a full binary install with cmake -DCMAKE etc about the third paragraph. Don't forget to adduser svxlink. Probably difficult to find a pi b+ these days, but pi 2 or 3 are good, even a banana pi or orange pi are similar but I have no experience of those. On some installations I found using sudo preceding all commands prevents permissions errors in the build , but not supposed to be the case.
Chris f5vmr g4nab

Sent from my iPhone