Re: Constant TX

Richard Jobin
I had the same problem with the VA3TO echolink interface.

Connect just one wire to the RTS pin on the serial connector, disconnect
the DTR....
This should solve the problem.

--73-- de VE2MRJ op Richard

Re: Re: Constant TX

Tobias Blomberg-3
On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 21:44 -0400, Richard Jobin wrote:
> I had the same problem with the VA3TO echolink interface.
>
> Connect just one wire to the RTS pin on the serial connector, disconnect
> the DTR....
> This should solve the problem.

Ok, so the interface use both RTS and DTR to operate the PTT?  I saw
such a solution somewhere and the reason for doing like that was that
one pin was not enough to drive the PTT circuit (opto coupler) on some
computers.

So I guess the reason for the constant TX when SvxLink is started is
that DTR is automatically set when the serial port is opened. If the RTS
pin have enough drive current for your interface, Richards tip should
work.

I'll try to fix this problem in the next release so that one can write
something like this in the config file:

PTT_PIN=DTR&RTS

and maybe also:

PTT_PIN=!DTR&!RTS

for reverse polarity.

What does the configuration in the windows EchoLink software say?  Is
both pins explicitly configured to be used as PTT?

73 de SM0SVX / Tobias