Re: UDRC-II ∕ Raspberry PI ∕ Svxlink.conf PTT parameters

Re: UDRC-II ∕ Raspberry PI ∕ Svxlink.conf PTT parameters

Rob Janssen
> I have dived into the waters, purchased an URDC-II, downloaded and compiled the svxlink software successfully.  I am attempting to prototype this solution for our radio club at home before we
> install it on some remote mountain location

> I'm a little bit stumped on what values to choose for the PTT_PIN and PTT_PORT parameters in Svxlink to support the UDRC-II though I have looked a bunch of places.

I don't know this device and Google does not find anything about it, but I presume it runs some Debian version of Linux.
You can use the supplied service startup file svxlink/distributions/debian/etc/init.d/svxlink which will initialize the GPIO
pin when you put something like this in /etc/default/svxlink:

GPIO_PTT_PIN=21

and in the /etc/svxlink/svxlink.conf use the corresponding:

PTT_TYPE=GPIO
PTT_PIN=gpio21

You'll probably need to use another number than 21, which is valid for the Raspberry Pi.

Re: UDRC-II / Raspberry PI / Svxlink.conf PTT parameters

Robert White
Hi Rob - Forgive me my late night typing, I reversed two letters and the product is actually the UDRC - Universal Digital Radio Controller  from nwdigitalradio.com.  It is a hat for Raspberry Pi (in my case the RPI 3) and interfaces the PI to a radio via a six pin mini DIN cable, in my case a Kenwood D710.  Running a compass linux image (seemingly standard Debian flavor with some drivers added for the UDRC)  as recommended by nwdigital.

Most of the docs are geared towards support of Direwolf, dstarrepeater, ircDDB.  Pretty sure I am just missing something simple.

Thanks,

Robert / K0RCW

Sent from my iPad