Receive Problem?

Bill-27
I have installed SVXLink on a PII 600MHz PC with 128MB of RAM with Fedora Core 3.  I am having an issue that I can't seem to figure out.  I can load SVXLink and it runs down through the modules.  It seems to work.  It will identify, other echolink stations can connect but it doesn't seem to hear anything.  I have repeaterlogic running but it will not key up the repeater.  The busy light will come on the repeater when receiving a signal but the software will not key the repeater.  I am using VOX and have tried many settings.  I have tried two different PCI sound cards and one ISA sound card.  It will PTT and send out an Ident so the PTT is working and it is sending audio out.  I have adjusted the levels, I am not sure what else to try.  It is like the line in isn't working or it can't stream audio from input to output.  I was using my interface with Echostation on the same PC with out a problem.  I am missing something?

Thanks
Bill

Re: Receive Problem?

Tobias Blomberg-3
On Friday 02 December 2005 21:58, Bill wrote:

> I have installed SVXLink on a PII 600MHz PC with 128MB of RAM with Fedora
> Core 3.  I am having an issue that I can't seem to figure out.  I can load
> SVXLink and it runs down through the modules.  It seems to work.  It will
> identify, other echolink stations can connect but it doesn't seem to hear
> anything.  I have repeaterlogic running but it will not key up the
> repeater.  The busy light will come on the repeater when receiving a signal
> but the software will not key the repeater.  I am using VOX and have tried
> many settings.  I have tried two different PCI sound cards and one ISA
> sound card.  It will PTT and send out an Ident so the PTT is working and it
> is sending audio out.  I have adjusted the levels, I am not sure what else
> to try.  It is like the line in isn't working or it can't stream audio from
> input to output.  I was using my interface with Echostation on the same PC
> with out a problem.  I am missing something?
>
> Thanks
> Bill

Try to get the sound card working without using SvxLink. Use the "rec" and
"play" utilities (contained in the sox package) to test your sound setup.

rec -r8000 -sw test.wav
Record some audio
Ctrl-C
play test.wav

When this work, SvxLink will probably work. Getting sound input to work can
some times be tricky in Linux. For example using the alsa mixer: make sure
you have selected CAPTURE for the correct input (Line or Mic). Also it might
be necessary (or even required??) to select CAPTURE on the Capture slider. I
have to pull the AC97 slider up on my Sound Blaster Live card. You probably
also have a couple of on/off switches to try: Mic Boost and such things.

Hope this helps.

73 de SM0SVX / Tobias