Quantcast

Receive now, transmit fixed

Josh Housey
Hi All,

I have figured out the "constant" transmit issue now (It seems that
any of my serial ports that I tried on the computer were not
setup/running right). What I did was took a USB/Serial converter I had
and plugged the serial port into it. I was positive this was working
as when I rebooted SuSE, it was constantly transmitting and now after
running svxlink, it stopped and when I press *, the ID transmitted.

Now, as far as Rx, I don't know if it is working right. I have it set
as VOX, but do I need to enable the serial parameters that are in the
file and anything else that needs to be set? I am testing the Rx by
trying to punch in * from a radio and svxlink is not responding. Also,
is there any changes to set for audio (certain ones have to be right)
in the mixer?

Thanks for all the help and understanding, I am almost there.   :)

73
Josh, AB9FT

Re: Receive now, transmit fixed

Tobias Blomberg-3
On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 20:16 -0500, Josh Housey wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have figured out the "constant" transmit issue now (It seems that
> any of my serial ports that I tried on the computer were not
> setup/running right). What I did was took a USB/Serial converter I had
> and plugged the serial port into it. I was positive this was working
> as when I rebooted SuSE, it was constantly transmitting and now after
> running svxlink, it stopped and when I press *, the ID transmitted.

Ok, strange that the internal ports behave differently than the USB to
serial converter.

> Now, as far as Rx, I don't know if it is working right. I have it set
> as VOX, but do I need to enable the serial parameters that are in the
> file and anything else that needs to be set? I am testing the Rx by
> trying to punch in * from a radio and svxlink is not responding. Also,
> is there any changes to set for audio (certain ones have to be right)
> in the mixer?

No, the serial parameters is for if you want to connect the squelch
output from the radio to the PC.

There is a utility called "dtmf_plot" in SvxLink. Start it and adjust
the mixer settings so that the level indicator shows about 90% when you
open the squelch. Test all DTMF digits and adjust further if necessary.

The slider in the mixer that adjust the gain is typically called
"Capture". You of course also have to select the correct input (mic or
line).

Also have a look at the "Audio level adjustment" chapter in the (now
updated) installation manual.

http://svxlink.sourceforge.net/install.php#audio-level-adj

73 de SM0SVX / Tobias