Quantcast

SVXLINK voicemail sends email

Foeke Holtrop

Dear Tobias,

In the first place I want to thank you for the very fine software SVXLINK.

I am running the node PA3FNT-L in Holland. I use the latest version.

My Linux distro is SuSE 9.1. To run the latest version of SVXLINK I had to load libstdc++6-3.4.1-4mdk.i586.rpm to obtain the version 6 library.

There is no RPM available for SuSE 9.1, at least I did not find it (hi).

The software is very stable. I have build a second system and want to place this in Leeuwarden, in the northern part of the Netherlands. I am waiting to obtain permission from the local repeater board over there to connect the system with the local 70 cm repeater.

I have translated most of the audio files into Dutch so the system is a little bit friendlier to use for ham’s that do not speak English very well over here.

I have added a little feature in the software.

When a voicemail is placed in the system, the recipient will receive an email that there is a new voicemail message for him. The only constraint is that the recipient has to have an email alias at amsat.org. Here is the code:

      recordStop;

      playMsg "rec_done";

      exec sendmail < /etc/svxmail.txt -f [hidden email] -F Voicemail $[hidden email]

As you can see I placed this in the file TclVoicemail.tcl after the playMsg “rec_done”; statement.

It is very basic. After the –f is de address you want to use as sender. After the –F is the name of the sender.

The content of the file /etc/svxmail.txt is one to inform the recipient that there is a new voicemail.

I give some information of the frequency my system is on and an URL of my website.

I also tested SVXLINK very shortly on SuSE 10.0. It worked fine.

I say, keep up the good work and 73 from Holland.

Foeke PA3FNT

Re: SVXLINK voicemail sends email

Tobias Blomberg-3
On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 11:27 +0200, Foeke Holtrop wrote:
> Dear Tobias,
>

> In the first place I want to thank you for the very fine software
> SVXLINK.

I'm glad you like it :-)

> I am running the node PA3FNT-L in Holland. I use the latest version.
>
> My Linux distro is SuSE 9.1. To run the latest version of SVXLINK I
> had to load libstdc++6-3.4.1-4mdk.i586.rpm to obtain the version 6
> library.
>
> There is no RPM available for SuSE 9.1, at least I did not find it
> (hi).
>
> The software is very stable. I have build a second system and want to
> place this in Leeuwarden, in the northern part of the Netherlands. I
> am waiting to obtain permission from the local repeater board over
> there to connect the system with the local 70 cm repeater.
>
> I have translated most of the audio files into Dutch so the system is
> a little bit friendlier to use for ham’s that do not speak English
> very well over here.

Great! When you have translated it all, would you like to release it as
the "official" dutch translation?  It was the thought from the beginning
to provide translations for different languages. More translations are
welcome. I'm working on the Swedish one :-)

> I have added a little feature in the software.
>
> When a voicemail is placed in the system, the recipient will receive
> an email that there is a new voicemail message for him. The only
> constraint is that the recipient has to have an email alias at
> amsat.org. Here is the code:

Nice. I talked to a friend about such a feature just a few days ago.
I've improved your solution a bit so that an email address per user can
be specified in the configuration file. Also, the rest of the
information (sender, subject, message body) can be specified in the
configuration file. This will be in the next release.

>       recordStop;
>
>       playMsg "rec_done";
>
>       exec sendmail < /etc/svxmail.txt -f [hidden email] -F
> Voicemail $[hidden email]

You might want to end the command with an ampersand (&) so that the
command is executed in the background. This will prevent SvxLink from
freezing while sending the mail.

> As you can see I placed this in the file TclVoicemail.tcl after the
> playMsg “rec_done”; statement.
>
> It is very basic. After the –f is de address you want to use as
> sender. After the –F is the name of the sender.
>

> The content of the file /etc/svxmail.txt is one to inform the
> recipient that there is a new voicemail.
>
> I give some information of the frequency my system is on and an URL of
> my website.
>
> I also tested SVXLINK very shortly on SuSE 10.0. It worked fine.
>
> I say, keep up the good work and 73 from Holland.

Thank you for your contribution.

73's de SM0SVX / Tobias