SVXLink tetra plugin

Pascal Witjes / PA1PAS
Hello,

I saw on the site svxlink.de that they use a svxlink plugin for connecting a Motorola tetra DMO repeater to svxlink.

Is this plugin online available ?

We like to connect or DMO repeater also to svxlink using it's PEI port.

Pascal

-svxlink-patch (1).tar.gz (24K) Download Attachment

Re: SVXLink tetra plugin

Adi Bier-3
Hi all,

very interesting. Is there any further info available? Since we're
interested too in this matter.

Tetra-2-SvxLink: It isn't very easy to connect SvxLink to a
Tetra-network. One problem is the channel occupied check on tetra
networks. Maybe you can disable it with some parameter sets?!
The other problem is if you want to have APRS as well as audio
transmission then you need two serial ports, one for the PEI, the second
for the PTT. You will need an active data cable too (expensive). The
other problem is that a DMO repeater is not usable as an audio gateway
between SvxLink to Tetra. You have to switch it from DMO-repeater mode
to MS mode first (AT+CTOM=x). Maybe it is possible by installing the
latest firmware on the MTM but I'm not sure :/

I wrote a perl skript to connect the PEI to the SvxLink-LocationInfo to
have aprs functionality. You can find it here:

http://svxlink.de/download/tetralib.tar.gz

Feel free to use it according to GNU

vy 73s de Adi, DL1HRC