Quantcast

SVXlink installed SuSe 9.1 next step

pa3gjx
Hi. all
After reading the RE: from Tobias i read artikel
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=8093178&forum_id=34097

After this i installed RPM libsigc++-1.0.4-379 to be found at
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/14/idka/40096/datan/2005-07-04

Re installing the Svxlink 0.6 gave no more warnings and problems
with independencies.  Svxlink works now and the moduls are availble
from the keyboard. Sound comes out of speaker and with Tranmitter
keyed als other stations tell me it sounds ok.

The only problem now remaining is when connected from the EchoLink
community no sound from my system wil be heard. Svxlink does not
respond to audio coming out of my tranciever.

I installed SOX rpm to be found at
http://ftp.belnet.be/linux/SuSe/suse/i386/9.1/suse/i586/

No improvment :(

Best 73' Jan PA3GJX

Re: SVXlink installed SuSe 9.1 next step

Tobias Blomberg-3
On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 12:23 +0200, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi. all
> After reading the RE: from Tobias i read artikel
> https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=8093178&forum_id=34097
>
> After this i installed RPM libsigc++-1.0.4-379 to be found at
> http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/14/idka/40096/datan/2005-07-04
>
> Re installing the Svxlink 0.6 gave no more warnings and problems
> with independencies.  Svxlink works now and the moduls are availble
> from the keyboard. Sound comes out of speaker and with Tranmitter
> keyed als other stations tell me it sounds ok.
>
> The only problem now remaining is when connected from the EchoLink
> community no sound from my system wil be heard. Svxlink does not
> respond to audio coming out of my tranciever.

Make sure that you can get recording/playback working with the play/rec
tools found in the sox package.

rec -r8000 -sw test.wav
Ctrl-C
play test.wav

It sometimes can be hard to find the correct sound settings in the mixer
(e.g. alsamixer, aumix, kmix etc). The slider to use for input gain is
called something like "capture" or "igain". Most often it is not the mic
slider. That only affects monitoring. On more advanced sound cards there
might be a pile of on/off switches. Try to toggle these if you still
can't get the recording to work.

When you have sound working, try to start SvxLink and activate the
Parrot module (1#). When you speak into the mike the Vox should trigger.
When the squelch close the recorded audio should be played back.

Follow the installation documentation on how to adjust the audio levels
for best performance.

73 de SM0SVX / Tobias