Send comand Echolink by console

IZ2PRA Nic
When the svxlink starts as service or in daemon mode,
how can I send the comands to echolink by keyboard?

If the svxlink starts by console I can send the comands by keyboard.

Thanks  Nic IZ2PRA

Re: Send comand Echolink by console

Tomek

You can use SCREEN command:

/usr/bin/screen -S svxlink -D -m /usr/bin/svxlink

To access into virtual shell with svxlink running type:

/usr/bin/screen -r svxlink

To exit to mail bash push: CTRL+A+D

Tom SQ4BJA/5

W dniu 2017-04-19 o 16:36, IZ2PRA Nic pisze:
When the svxlink starts as service or in daemon mode,
how can I send the comands to echolink by keyboard?

If the svxlink starts by console I can send the comands by keyboard.

Thanks  Nic IZ2PRA

Re: Send comand Echolink by console

Martin Burkhardt

Hi Nic,

As Tomek said you can use screen to access svxlink running in a virtual shell. But you totaly loose the abilitiy to log events other than running svxlink in daemon mode.

A better idea is to pull the latest branch from github and use the DTMF_CTRL_PTY=/tmp/LogicName

This parameter needs to be set in every active logic itsself.

[SimplexLogic]

.

.

.

DTMF_CTRL_PTY=/tmp/SimplexLogic

[ReflectorLogic]

.

.

.

DTMF_CTRL_PTY=/tmp/ReflectorLogic

Now you can run svxlink in daemon mode and put commands using echo into svxlink.

echo "2#255411#" > /tmp/SimplexLogic

This will acitvate echolink (at least on my system and also some others here in DL) and than connect to DB0SVX-L. All theese things can also be done by a cronjob. There is only one thing you need to know. You can only access the PTY with the user (svxlink in my case) that created the PTY. With root you can not access the pty (unless you run svxlink as root which is not recommended).

73 de Martin, DF1AMB

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Betreff: Re: [Svxlink-devel] Send comand Echolink by console

Datum: 2017-04-19T19:37:28+0200

Von: "Tomek" <[hidden email]>

An: "Discussions about development issues" <[hidden email]>

You can use SCREEN command:

/usr/bin/screen -S svxlink -D -m /usr/bin/svxlink

To access into virtual shell with svxlink running type:

/usr/bin/screen -r svxlink

To exit to mail bash push: CTRL+A+D

Tom SQ4BJA/5

W dniu 2017-04-19 o 16:36, IZ2PRA Nic pisze:
When the svxlink starts as service or in daemon mode,
how can I send the comands to echolink by keyboard?
If the svxlink starts by console I can send the comands by keyboard.
Thanks  Nic IZ2PRA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot

Re: Send comand Echolink by console

Rob Janssen

There is only one thing you need to know. You can only access the PTY with the user (svxlink in my case) that created the PTY. With root you can not access the pty (unless you run svxlink as root which is not recommended).

Yes, that sometimes is a bit troublesome.
You can make the user that is required to write to the PTY a member of the group tty.
Not the most secure setup, but on a dedicated repeater system that is not a shared shell service
or something like that, it is acceptable.