Squelching the VOX out of SvxLink

Danny de Bont

Hi guys,

Just a quickie ... ;) ...

I am trying to setup squelch to allow for when people pause between sentences and words. I have set it up to allow for a 3 second silence to prevent the squelch from closing.

However, I het a looooooong SSSSSSHHHH at the end before it drops the squelch.

Here are my settings:
SQL_DET=VOX
SQL_START_DELAY=0
SQL_DELAY=0
SQL_HANGTIME=500
SQL_EXTENDED_HANGTIME=3000
SQL_EXTENDED_HANGTIME_THRESH=15
SQL_TIMEOUT=600
VOX_THRESH=1000
VOX_FILTER_DEPTH=200

Any pointers?

Thank you
Danny
ZS6XOX
73's

Re: Squelching the VOX out of SvxLink

Scott Currie

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 8:12 AM, Danny de Bont <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi guys,

Just a quickie ... ;) ...

I am trying to setup squelch to allow for when people pause between sentences and words. I have set it up to allow for a 3 second silence to prevent the squelch from closing.

However, I het a looooooong SSSSSSHHHH at the end before it drops the squelch.

Are you using squelched audio from the radio, CTCSS, or discriminator audio? Is this on a repeater channel?

--
-Scott

Re: Squelching the VOX out of SvxLink

Danny de Bont

No ... it is not on a repeater ... :( ...

[SimplexLogic]
TYPE=Simplex
RX=Rx1
TX=Tx1
MODULES=ModuleHelp,ModuleParrot,ModuleEchoLink,ModuleTclVoiceMail
CALLSIGN=EL-ZS6XOX
SHORT_IDENT_INTERVAL=30
LONG_IDENT_INTERVAL=60
#IDENT_ONLY_AFTER_TX=4
#EXEC_CMD_ON_SQL_CLOSE=500
EVENT_HANDLER=/usr/local/share/svxlink/events.tcl
DEFAULT_LANG=en_US
#RGR_SOUND_DELAY=-1
REPORT_CTCSS=88.5
#TX_CTCSS=ALWAYS
MACROS=Macros
FX_GAIN_NORMAL=0
FX_GAIN_LOW=-12
#ACTIVATE_MODULE_ON_LONG_CMD=4:EchoLink
#QSO_RECORDER=8:QsoRecorder
#ONLINE_CMD=998877
#MUTE_RX_ON_TX=1
#MUTE_TX_ON_RX=1

[Rx1]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:0
AUDIO_CHANNEL=0
#SQL_DET=SERIAL
SQL_DET=VOX
SQL_START_DELAY=0
SQL_DELAY=0
SQL_HANGTIME=0
SQL_EXTENDED_HANGTIME=800
SQL_EXTENDED_HANGTIME_THRESH=15
SQL_TIMEOUT=3000
VOX_FILTER_DEPTH=200
VOX_THRESH=1000
CTCSS_MODE=2
CTCSS_FQ=88.5
#CTCSS_SNR_OFFSET=0
#CTCSS_OPEN_THRESH=15
#CTCSS_CLOSE_THRESH=9
#CTCSS_BPF_LOW=60
#CTCSS_BPF_HIGH=270
#SERIAL_PORT=/dev/ttyS0
#SERIAL_PORT=/dev/ttyS0
#SERIAL_PIN=DCD
#SERIAL_SET_PINS=DTRRTS
#SERIAL_SET_PINS=DTR!RTS
#SERIAL_SET_PINS=RTS
#EVDEV_DEVNAME=/dev/input/by-id/usb-SYNIC_SYNIC_Wireless_Audio-event-if03
#EVDEV_OPEN=1,163,1
#EVDEV_CLOSE=1,163,0
#GPIO_SQL_PIN=gpio30Y'AP
#PTY_PATH=/tmp/rx1_sql
#SIGLEV_DET=TONE
SIGLEV_SLOPE=1
SIGLEV_OFFSET=0
#SIGLEV_BOGUS_THRESH=120
#TONE_SIGLEV_MAP=100,84,60,50,37,32,28,23,19,8
SIGLEV_OPEN_THRESH=30
SIGLEV_CLOSE_THRESH=10
DEEMPHASIS=0
#SQL_TAIL_ELIM=300
#PREAMP=6
PEAK_METER=1
DTMF_DEC_TYPE=INTERNAL
DTMF_MUTING=1
DTMF_HANGTIME=500
#DTMF_SERIAL=/dev/ttyS0
DTMF_SERIAL=/dev/ttyS0
DTMF_PTY=/tmp/rx1_dtmf
DTMF_MAX_FWD_TWIST=8
DTMF_MAX_REV_TWIST=4
#1750_MUTING=1
#SEL5_DEC_TYPE=INTERNAL
#SEL5_TYPE=ZVEI1

[Tx1]
TYPE=Local
AUDIO_DEV=alsa:plughw:0
AUDIO_CHANNEL=0
PTT_TYPE=SerialPin
PTT_PORT=/dev/ttyS0
PTT_PIN=DTRRTS
#PTT_PIN=DTR
#PTT_HANGTIME=1000
TIMEOUT=300
TX_DELAY=500
CTCSS_FQ=88.5
#CTCSS_LEVEL=9
PREEMPHASIS=0
DTMF_TONE_LENGTH=100
DTMF_TONE_SPACING=50
###DTMF_TONE_AMP=-18 /// OLD CONFIG
DTMF_DIGIT_PWR=-15

... hope it helps ...

It is connected to an ilinkboards.com AMI-2 and a Kenwood TM-271 ...

Re: Squelching the VOX out of SvxLink

Matthew Miller
Do you have CTCSS enabled on your RX radio (the reciever itself) so it will mute when the carrier drops?

That is how I dealt with it when I had to use VOX on the first radio I had.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

Re: Squelching the VOX out of SvxLink

Danny de Bont

Hi Scott,

Good you asked that question ... the radio was set on TONE instead of CTCSS ... (I blame it on finger trouble)

Seems as if the squelch problem has been nailed to the wall ... will keep an eye on it and come back here to complain if it misbehaves again ... ;) ...

Thank you
Danny