SvxLink - LiveCD update

Birger Olsson
Hi!

I have done an update to my LiveCD-project.

Download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AE30ARO0

News:

* Added menu-option: Configure networking
* Added menu-option: Exit to shell

Bugfix:

* Mixed-language-bug: All in english now (done)
* Hotplug-bug: Fixed with removal (got serial PTT-problem instead, but
that should work now)

Update:

* video=ofonly is now the standard option (instead of vesafb)
* Remaster script ejects CDR when the burning is done (no more
confusing led flashing)
* modprobe -i 8250 (serial PTT-fix)

Cleanup:

* Removed: A lot

73 de SM6VQJ / Birger

Re: SvxLink - LiveCD update

Tobias Blomberg
On Monday 14 November 2005 16:17, Birger Olsson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have done an update to my LiveCD-project.

Nice work! I tried the first one and it looked very promising. I noticed that
when I recorded a new greeting message and then chose play, it would play the
old message anyway. Sorry for not reporting this earlier. I'll try it again
with the new release.

> Download:
>
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AE30ARO0
>
> News:
>
> * Added menu-option: Configure networking
> * Added menu-option: Exit to shell
>
> Bugfix:
>
> * Mixed-language-bug: All in english now (done)

Yes, the the editor spoke german :-)

> * Hotplug-bug: Fixed with removal (got serial PTT-problem instead, but
> that should work now)
>
> Update:
>
> * video=ofonly is now the standard option (instead of vesafb)
> * Remaster script ejects CDR when the burning is done (no more
> confusing led flashing)

It would be good if the remaster process also could blank a CD-RW. Or maybe it
can in the new version?

> * modprobe -i 8250 (serial PTT-fix)
>
> Cleanup:
>
> * Removed: A lot

What did you remove? Applications from the CD?  I would have hoped that the
image could be reduced in size. 100MB is quite a lot for just running one
application. But anyway, nice work!

73 de SM0SVX / Tobias

> 73 de SM6VQJ / Birger

Re: SvxLink - LiveCD update

Gunnar Widell
Hi Birger,

I put a copy of this file on:

http://sk3w.shacknet.nu/remote/live_2005_11_14.iso

Hope that is OK?

Regards
Gunnar SM3SGP

> Hi!
>
> I have done an update to my LiveCD-project.
>
> Download:
>
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AE30ARO0
>
> News:
>
> * Added menu-option: Configure networking
> * Added menu-option: Exit to shell
>
> Bugfix:
>
> * Mixed-language-bug: All in english now (done)
> * Hotplug-bug: Fixed with removal (got serial PTT-problem instead, but
> that should work now)
>
> Update:
>
> * video=ofonly is now the standard option (instead of vesafb)
> * Remaster script ejects CDR when the burning is done (no more
> confusing led flashing)
> * modprobe -i 8250 (serial PTT-fix)
>
> Cleanup:
>
> * Removed: A lot
>
> 73 de SM6VQJ / Birger

Re: SvxLink - LiveCD update

Tobias Blomberg
On Tuesday 15 November 2005 15:44, Gunnar Widell wrote:
> Hi Birger,
>
> I put a copy of this file on:
>
> http://sk3w.shacknet.nu/remote/live_2005_11_14.iso

Now that's better throughput (~230KB/s on my 2mbit line). And no
advertisements :-)

73 de SM0SVX / Tobias

> Hope that is OK?
>
> Regards
> Gunnar SM3SGP
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have done an update to my LiveCD-project.
> >
> > Download:
> >
> > http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AE30ARO0
> >
> > News:
> >
> > * Added menu-option: Configure networking
> > * Added menu-option: Exit to shell
> >
> > Bugfix:
> >
> > * Mixed-language-bug: All in english now (done)
> > * Hotplug-bug: Fixed with removal (got serial PTT-problem instead, but
> > that should work now)
> >
> > Update:
> >
> > * video=ofonly is now the standard option (instead of vesafb)
> > * Remaster script ejects CDR when the burning is done (no more
> > confusing led flashing)
> > * modprobe -i 8250 (serial PTT-fix)
> >
> > Cleanup:
> >
> > * Removed: A lot
> >
> > 73 de SM6VQJ / Birger

Re: Re: SvxLink - LiveCD update

Birger Olsson
>I put a copy of this file on:
>http://sk3w.shacknet.nu/remote/live_2005_11_14.iso
>Hope that is OK?

>Regards
>Gunnar SM3SGP

Thanks Gunnar. Check this list for updates and please report any
feedback here.

I am very interested to get reports about how the LiveCD works and
what you folks want me to add or change.

73 de SM6VQJ / Birger

Re: Re: SvxLink - LiveCD update

Birger Olsson
>Nice work! I tried the first one and it looked very promising. I
noticed that
>when I recorded a new greeting message and then chose play, it would
play the
>old message anyway. Sorry for not reporting this earlier. I'll try it
again
>with the new release.

It plays greeting with "ee" and records greting with "e". Thanks for
reporting this.

>> * video=ofonly is now the standard option (instead of vesafb)
>> * Remaster script ejects CDR when the burning is done (no more
>> confusing led flashing)

>It would be good if the remaster process also could blank a CD-RW. Or
maybe it
>can in the new version?

The blanking option gave errors using CD-R media (of course) and
stopped the script so I removed it. I will add an extra menu option for
CD-RW media blanking/writing.

>> * Removed: A lot

>What did you remove? Applications from the CD?  I would have hoped
that the
>image could be reduced in size. 100MB is quite a lot for just running
one
>application. But anyway, nice work!

>73 de SM0SVX / Tobias

Debootstrap command with Debian give us a 120MB  foot print (as a
minimal system). I think it is possible to get down to around 60MB.
Smallest system I have seen runing isolinux is around 30MB compressed
(DSL, Puppy, etc). I first tried to get SvxLink to run in DSL and Puppy
without any success. Gave up and switched to Debian.

No, I didnt remove any applications from the CD. I removed init-
scripts to get more free memory (ppp, pppd, gpm, hotplug, ssh, etc).

I will remove files and reduce size later, but I will start with
adding stuff :-)

73,
SM6VQJ, Birger