TCL status of connected logics

dl7ata

Hi folks,

in some  subsystems we need to knwo the status of all connected logics. Does anybody know if there is a tcl variable like other variables as call, msg or station_id that contains the status? The only way I know, is to use the DTMF command of connecting/disconnecting some logics. In the case of “already connected” for instance, the systems knows the status.

If there is no status yet, I would like to take it to the “svxlink wish list”.

Best

Frank

Re: TCL status of connected logics

F5UII Christian
Hello Frank !

You may be interested in my python svxstatus code. It analyse the standard /var/log/svxlink.log file and detect changes.
It write a file in which you will find activities of the modules and also transmiting, squelch status... and so on

This python script must be always be running of course.

The script is available on the documentation website of svxcard project here : http://svxcard.f5uii.net/doku.php?id=fr:svxstatus

Tell me if it's helpfull !

Mes 73s,
Christian F5UII

http://www.f5uii.net

Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 21:53:56 +0100
From: F5UII Christian <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Svxlink-devel] TCL status of connected logics
To: Discussions about development issues
        <[hidden email]>

Hello Frank !

You may be interested in my python svxstatus code. It analyse the standard
/var/log/svxlink.log file and detect changes.
It write a file in which you will find activities of the modules and also
transmiting, squelch status... and so on

This python script must be always be running of course.

The script is available on the documentation website of svxcard project here
: http://svxcard.f5uii.net/doku.php?id=fr:svxstatus

Tell me if it's helpfull !

Mes 73s,
Christian F5UII
http://www.f5uii.net

> Hi folks,
>

> in some  subsystems we need to knwo the status of all connected logics.
> Does anybody know if there is a tcl variable like other variables as
> call, msg or station_id that contains the status? The only way I know,
> is to use the DTMF command of connecting/disconnecting some logics. In
> the case of ?already connected? for instance, the systems knows the
status.

> If there is no status yet, I would like to take it to the ?svxlink
> wish list?.
>
> Best
>
> Frank

Bonjour Christian,

thanks for the link. In our project, we have a similar script running in
HTML (http://elenata.datenport.net/). Unfortunately I did not find  the
variable which shows the status of linked logics. Is there any in your
script?
Best
Frank

Re: TCL status of connected logics

F5UII Christian
Hello Franck,

I now understood that you are looking for the status of links. Sorry.
I have not yet tested the link function on my "svxlink card" (but soon). Anyway,
if there is some traces of the activation of the links in the log of svxlink (default /var/log/svxlink), it will be possible to handle this lines and modify my svxstatus script [http://svxcard.f5uii.net/doku.php?id=fr:svxstatus].

I will be able to help you more precisely (and this before I test myself links feature) if you provide me an extract of log with this activities in it.

Mes 73s,
Christian F5UII

http://www.f5uii.net
Support mailinglist : [hidden email]
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 21:53:56 +0100
From: F5UII Christian <[hidden email]>
To: Discussions about development issues
        <[hidden email]>

Hello Frank !

You may be interested in my python svxstatus code. It analyse the standard
/var/log/svxlink.log file and detect changes.
It write a file in which you will find activities of the modules and also
transmiting, squelch status... and so on

This python script must be always be running of course.

The script is available on the documentation website of svxcard project here
: http://svxcard.f5uii.net/doku.php?id=fr:svxstatus

Tell me if it's helpfull !

Mes 73s,
Christian F5UII
http://www.f5uii.net

> Hi folks,
>

> in some  subsystems we need to knwo the status of all connected logics.
> Does anybody know if there is a tcl variable like other variables as
> call, msg or station_id that contains the status? The only way I know,
> is to use the DTMF command of connecting/disconnecting some logics. In
> the case of ?already connected? for instance, the systems knows the
status.

> If there is no status yet, I would like to take it to the ?svxlink
> wish list?.
>
> Best
>
> Frank

Bonjour Christian,

thanks for the link. In our project, we have a similar script running in
HTML (http://elenata.datenport.net/). Unfortunately I did not find  the
variable which shows the status of linked logics. Is there any in your
script?
Best
Frank

Re: TCL status of connected logics

dl7ata
Hello Christian,

there is no log-activity which I can use. If you connect two logics, you
will receive an announcement. But when timeout triggered, there is no
announcement and no logoutput.
I am searching for a variable which should be in the software and contains a
value, that shows if a link is established or not. With that information, I
want to trigger some other activities, for instance a different courtesy
tone that anybody can hear, the link is up or down.
For that purpose, I need to know the value for handling in  "courtesy
_beep.tcl"d to define the value of a tone.
Inside the software the value must be there, because the announcement.wav -
in the case of already connected - is "already connected".
Best
Frank

Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 21:19:23 +0100
From: F5UII Christian <[hidden email]>
To: Discussions about development issues
        <[hidden email]>

Hello Franck,

I now understood that you are looking for the status of links. Sorry.
I have not yet tested the link function on my "svxlink card" (but soon).
Anyway,
if there is some traces of the activation of the links in the log of svxlink
(default /var/log/svxlink), it will be possible to handle this lines and
modify my svxstatus script [
http://svxcard.f5uii.net/doku.php?id=fr:svxstatus].

I will be able to help you more precisely (and this before I test myself
links feature) if you provide me an extract of log with this activities in
it.

Mes 73s,
Christian F5UII
http://www.f5uii.net
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

<mailto:[hidden email]>

> Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 21:53:56 +0100
> From: F5UII Christian <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Svxlink-devel] TCL status of connected logics
> To: Discussions about development issues
>         <[hidden email]>
>
> Hello Frank !
>
> You may be interested in my python svxstatus code. It analyse the
> standard /var/log/svxlink.log file and detect changes.
> It write a file in which you will find activities of the modules and
> also transmiting, squelch status... and so on
>
> This python script must be always be running of course.
>
> The script is available on the documentation website of svxcard
> project here
> : http://svxcard.f5uii.net/doku.php?id=fr:svxstatus
>
> Tell me if it's helpfull !
>
> Mes 73s,
> Christian F5UII
> http://www.f5uii.net

> > Hi folks,
> >

> > in some  subsystems we need to knwo the status of all connected logics.
> > Does anybody know if there is a tcl variable like other variables as
> > call, msg or station_id that contains the status? The only way I
> > know, is to use the DTMF command of connecting/disconnecting some
> > logics. In the case of ?already connected? for instance, the systems
> > knows the
> status.
> >
> > If there is no status yet, I would like to take it to the ?svxlink
> > wish list?.
> >
> > Best
> >
> > Frank
> >

> Bonjour Christian,
>
> thanks for the link. In our project, we have a similar script running
> in HTML (http://elenata.datenport.net/). Unfortunately I did not find
> the variable which shows the status of linked logics. Is there any in
> your script?
> Best
> Frank

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 21:27:14 -0500
From: Hans Cook <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Svxlink-devel] *** WARNING: could not find audio clip
        "greeting" in context "EchoLink"
To: Discussions about development issues
        <[hidden email]>

I got it!

I had commented out the first line of DESCRIPTION section in
ModuleEchoLink.conf and added a new DESCRIPTION section so that I could keep
the original for reference. My thinking was that, since all the lines in the
section are interpreted through DESCRIPTION, all I would need to do would be
to comment out that first line. Clearly wrong. I commented out the rest of
the original DESCRIPTION lines and it began working immediately.

The trace file was the key.

Thanks for all your help!

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Rob Janssen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hans Cook wrote:
> >
> > I thought that might be a possibility, so have tried running svxlink
> both as a daemon (running as root according to top) and via manual
> command line as user echolink. The error message doesn't appear when
> running as a daemon, but the greeting still
> > doesn't play. This has been confirmed by me and by other hams
> > connecting
> to the box. Is there additional testing I need to do, or does this
> experiment cover it?
>
> Start the program, use "ps axf" to find out what PID it has, then run
> "strace" to find what it is doing:
>
> strace -o /tmp/trace -p PID
>
> Then perform the action that does not work, ^C out of the strace and
> look in /tmp/trace to find what it has tried to do and what went wrong.
>
> Rob

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance APM +
Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month Monitor
end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now Troubleshoot
faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!

End of Svxlink-devel Digest, Vol 112, Issue 2

Re: TCL status of connected logics

F5UII Christian
Hello Franck,

I think that the message played when activating a link is in the Logic.tcl file, by this procedure
 proc activating_link {name}
The link activated is in name variable
Maybe can you use a new global variable to transmit activity of a given link to the proc send_rgr_sound
and play a specific courtesy sound.

if {$name== "Logic1"} {
   logic1= 1
}
Of course you will complete the completary procedure
proc deactivating_link {name}
to put the global variable to 0 again.
if {$name== "Logic1"} {
   logic1= 0
}

I just remind you to modify a copy of Logic.tcl placed in local file (usr/share/svxlink/event.d/local/Logic.tcl), so that the original one stay like its first installation.

Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 21:19:23 +0100
From: F5UII Christian <[hidden email]>
To: Discussions about development issues

Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 21:27:14 -0500
From: Hans Cook <[hidden email]>
        "greeting" in context "EchoLink"
To: Discussions about development issues
        <[hidden email]>

I got it!

I had commented out the first line of DESCRIPTION section in
ModuleEchoLink.conf and added a new DESCRIPTION section so that I could keep
the original for reference. My thinking was that, since all the lines in the
section are interpreted through DESCRIPTION, all I would need to do would be
to comment out that first line. Clearly wrong. I commented out the rest of
the original DESCRIPTION lines and it began working immediately.

The trace file was the key.

Thanks for all your help!

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Rob Janssen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hans Cook wrote:
> >
> > I thought that might be a possibility, so have tried running svxlink
> both as a daemon (running as root according to top) and via manual
> command line as user echolink. The error message doesn't appear when
> running as a daemon, but the greeting still
> > doesn't play. This has been confirmed by me and by other hams
> > connecting
> to the box. Is there additional testing I need to do, or does this
> experiment cover it?
>
> Start the program, use "ps axf" to find out what PID it has, then run
> "strace" to find what it is doing:
>
> strace -o /tmp/trace -p PID
>
> Then perform the action that does not work, ^C out of the strace and
> look in /tmp/trace to find what it has tried to do and what went wrong.
>
> Rob

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance APM +
Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month Monitor
end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now Troubleshoot
faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!

End of Svxlink-devel Digest, Vol 112, Issue 2

Re: TCL status of connected logics

dl7ata
Thanks Christian, a good idea! I will give it a try.
73
Frank

Message: 1

Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 21:19:23 +0100
From: F5UII Christian <[hidden email]>
To: Discussions about development issues

Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 21:27:14 -0500
From: Hans Cook <[hidden email]>
        "greeting" in context "EchoLink"
To: Discussions about development issues
        <[hidden email]>

I got it!

I had commented out the first line of DESCRIPTION section in
ModuleEchoLink.conf and added a new DESCRIPTION section so that I could keep
the original for reference. My thinking was that, since all the lines in the
section are interpreted through DESCRIPTION, all I would need to do would be
to comment out that first line. Clearly wrong. I commented out the rest of
the original DESCRIPTION lines and it began working immediately.

The trace file was the key.

Thanks for all your help!

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Rob Janssen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hans Cook wrote:
> >
> > I thought that might be a possibility, so have tried running svxlink
> both as a daemon (running as root according to top) and via manual
> command line as user echolink. The error message doesn't appear when
> running as a daemon, but the greeting still
> > doesn't play. This has been confirmed by me and by other hams
> > connecting
> to the box. Is there additional testing I need to do, or does this
> experiment cover it?
>
> Start the program, use "ps axf" to find out what PID it has, then run
> "strace" to find what it is doing:
>
> strace -o /tmp/trace -p PID
>
> Then perform the action that does not work, ^C out of the strace and
> look in /tmp/trace to find what it has tried to do and what went wrong.
>
> Rob

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance APM +
Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month Monitor
end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now Troubleshoot
faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!

End of Svxlink-devel Digest, Vol 112, Issue 2

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 15:03:35 +0100
From: F5UII Christian <[hidden email]>
To: Discussions about development issues