TIMEOUT Parameter in svxlink.conf/Logic Linking

TIMEOUT Parameter in svxlink.conf/Logic Linking

dl7ata

Hi folks

Can anybody confirm, that the timeout – parameter in the section “Logic Linking” in svxlink.conf does not work with params greater than one hour?

Background: Some of our participants in our NetLink want to disconnect for a certain time, let’s say 2 hours (DO NOT DISTURB). Unfortunately the will be not reconnected with

DEFAULT_ACTIVE=1   and   TIMEOUT=12000

Any idea or experience?

Best

Frank

Re: TIMEOUT Parameter in svxlink.conf/Logic Linking

F5VMR Orange
There is a way where you can write a script called by cron to stop the repeater, make a change in the svxlink.conf and restart the repeater, and another script to reverse the change. We do it for three hours <a dir="ltr" href="x-apple-data-detectors://0" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="calendar-event" x-apple-data-detectors-result="0">on Tuesday's 20:30 to 23:30 disabling EchoLink for sstv tests. It takes only a few seconds to stop and start the repeater.
If that is what you need. Best to leave the Logic.tcl file alone.
Chris f5vmr

Sent from my iPad

On 23 Mar 2016, at 18:50, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi folks

Can anybody confirm, that the timeout – parameter in the section “Logic Linking” in svxlink.conf does not work with params greater than one hour?

Background: Some of our participants in our NetLink want to disconnect for a certain time, let’s say 2 hours (DO NOT DISTURB). Unfortunately the will be not reconnected with

DEFAULT_ACTIVE=1   and   TIMEOUT=12000

Any idea or experience?

Best

Frank

Re: TIMEOUT Parameter in svxlink.conf/Logic Linking

Gustavo Conrad
On 03/23/2016 03:44 PM, Chris F5vmr wrote:
There is a way where you can write a script called by cron to stop the repeater, make a change in the svxlink.conf and restart the repeater, and another script to reverse the change. We do it for three hours <a moz-do-not-send="true" dir="ltr" href="x-apple-data-detectors://0" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="calendar-event" x-apple-data-detectors-result="0">on Tuesday's 20:30 to 23:30 disabling EchoLink for sstv tests. It takes only a few seconds to stop and start the repeater.
If that is what you need. Best to leave the Logic.tcl file alone.
Chris f5vmr

Sent from my iPad

On 23 Mar 2016, at 18:50, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi folks

Can anybody confirm, that the timeout – parameter in the section “Logic Linking” in svxlink.conf does not work with params greater than one hour?

Background: Some of our participants in our NetLink want to disconnect for a certain time, let’s say 2 hours (DO NOT DISTURB). Unfortunately the will be not reconnected with

DEFAULT_ACTIVE=1   and   TIMEOUT=12000

Any idea or experience?

Best

Frank

Transform Data into Opportunity.
Click to learn more.

Instead of making changes on the fly to svxlink.conf file you can use the command line option --config=<filename> in the cron definition to specify a patricular configuration for a certain time period.

73!

Gustavo - LU8WFY