USB Rigblaster

Nonya Binness
Fellow svxlink enthusiasts and developers, I have a very newb question! Has anyone configured svxlink, and in particular the modulecholink, to interface with a USB rigblaster Nomic??

I have a fully functioning WinXP box running echolink in sysop mode using the USB rigblaster Nomic, connected to a well-worn but reliable Kenwood TM-261 and I would like to eliminate the Windows part of the equation.  I have several Ubuntu installs that I am intimately familiar with, and would like to try it, but Im afraid of what the rigblaster interface might entail.

Re: USB Rigblaster

svxlink-devel mailing list
On 06/20/2017 10:18 PM, Nonya Binness wrote:
Fellow svxlink enthusiasts and developers, I have a very newb question! Has anyone configured svxlink, and in particular the modulecholink, to interface with a USB rigblaster Nomic??
I have not tested that interface but if it supports PTT via DTR or RTS it should work.

There are other aspects to consider as well depending on what features that you want to use. If you want to use the softeare CTCSS detector those audio frequencies have to be let through the interface. The "noise" signal level detector depend on high frequencies (5-5.5kHz) so for that feature the interface have to let those frequencies through. Hardware DTMF decoders most often are not supported.

73's de SM0SVX / Tobias