how to install /etc/init.d scripts

Jonny public
Hello,
I'm going to install the new release. How to ensure that the start and stop scripts are
automatically installed in /etc/init.d etc I need?
make install is not enough

thanks
73 de Jonny dg9oaa

Re: how to install /etc/init.d scripts

Matthew Miller

I found that I had to manually copy them from “svxlink-master/distributions/<your distro>/” and then run “update-rc.d svxlink defaults” to make it set that up.

For raspberry pi running Raspbian it was something like this that I had to do after I got my configuration files set up:

cp   svxlink-master/distributions/debian/etc/init.d/svxlink     /etc/init.d/svxlink

update-rc.d   svxlink   defaults

service   svxlink   start

-Matthew Miller

"The fastest thing a computer does is become outdated"

~Andy Rooney

Re: how to install /etc/init.d scripts

Jonny public
Thanks Matthew,

I have the file found. My latest installation was the release 13:12 on a Raspberry PI and freebsd. In the release the start / stop scripts or init scripts have been installed automatically.
I was just a little surprised that it no longer can. Because I do not know cmake, my troubleshooting has been difficult. But you've got the solution.

Thanks
73 de Jonny   dg9oaa

Am 08.05.16 um 01:59 schrieb Matthew Miller:

I found that I had to manually copy them from “svxlink-master/distributions/<your distro>/” and then run “update-rc.d svxlink defaults” to make it set that up.

For raspberry pi running Raspbian it was something like this that I had to do after I got my configuration files set up:

cp   svxlink-master/distributions/debian/etc/init.d/svxlink     /etc/init.d/svxlink

update-rc.d   svxlink   defaults

service   svxlink   start

-Matthew Miller

"The fastest thing a computer does is become outdated"

~Andy Rooney

I'm going to install the new release. How to ensure that the start and stop scripts are automatically installed in /etc/init.d etc I need?
make install is not enough

thanks
73 de Jonny dg9oaa

Mit freundlichen Grüßen - Best regard

Jonny Röker

Westerwaldring 19
63853 Mömlingen

Phone: +49 6022 204407
Mobil: +49 171 88 00 514
Fax:
P Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.