newbie question

Martin
Hello.
I'm new to this list and rather new to svxlink.
I set up svxlink on a shuttle pc running ubuntu server 16.04 according
to this description:

http://svxlink.de/?page_id=2997

This page says the script sets up a working svxlink system in german,
but obviously, there are some parameters to be set besides call and
password.

It is working , i can connect over the echolink network, but get an error :

Sat Apr 29 01:23:42 2017: Incoming EchoLink connection from DM4IM
(Martin) at 137.226.114.55
Sat Apr 29 01:23:42 2017: Switching to SPEEX audio codec for EchoLink Qso.
Sat Apr 29 01:23:42 2017: SimplexLogic: Activating module EchoLink...
Sat Apr 29 01:23:42 2017: DM4IM: Accepting connection. EchoLink ID is
259484...
Sat Apr 29 01:23:42 2017: DM4IM: EchoLink QSO state changed to CONNECTED
Sat Apr 29 01:23:42 2017: *** WARNING: Could not find audio clip
"greeting" in context "EchoLink"

I can't find any hint on where to set a /path/to_audio_files/in_german.

Any help welcome.

--

Ohne CW ist es nur CB..

73, Martin DM4iM

Re: newbie question

Martin
Guys,
once i set DEFAULT_LANG to de_DE

it said "Herzlich willkommen bei".

So i think i need to set the call etc. to complete the announcement.
But where?

--

Ohne CW ist es nur CB..

73, Martin DM4iM

Re: newbie question

sp2ong
Hi Martin,

The sound files are located in

/usr/share/svxlink/sounds/

if you are defined LANG to de_DE  all sounds files must be located

/usr/share/svxlink/sounds/de_DE

drwxr-xr-x  2 svxlink svxlink  4096 kwi 22 15:34 Core
drwxr-xr-x  2 svxlink svxlink  4096 kwi 21 09:23 Default
drwxr-xr-x  2 svxlink svxlink  4096 lis 30  2013 DtmfRepeater
drwxr-xr-x  2 svxlink svxlink  4096 kwi 19 21:10 EchoLink
drwxr-xr-x  3 svxlink svxlink  4096 kwi 17 15:00 events.d
drwxr-xr-x  2 svxlink svxlink  4096 lis 30  2013 Help
drwxr-xr-x  2 svxlink svxlink 12288 kwi 23 10:04 MetarInfo
drwxr-xr-x  2 svxlink svxlink  4096 lis 30  2013 Parrot
drwxr-xr-x  2 svxlink svxlink  4096 lis 30  2013 PropagationMonitor
drwxr-xr-x  2 svxlink svxlink  4096 lis 30  2013 SelCallEnc
drwxr-xr-x  2 svxlink svxlink  4096 lis 30  2013 TclVoiceMail

the file "greeting.wav" is in /usr/share/svxlink/de_DE/EchoLink/

You must replace this file with own information

73 Waldek SP2ONG

> Guys,
> once i set DEFAULT_LANG to de_DE
>
> it said "Herzlich willkommen bei".
>
> So i think i need to set the call etc. to complete the announcement.
> But where?
>

> Am 29.04.2017 um 16:47 schrieb Martin:
>> Hello.
>> I'm new to this list and rather new to svxlink.
>> I set up svxlink on a shuttle pc running ubuntu server 16.04 according
>> to this description:
>>
>> http://svxlink.de/?page_id=2997
>>
>> This page says the script sets up a working svxlink system in german,
>> but obviously, there are some parameters to be set besides call and
>> password.
>>
>> It is working , i can connect over the echolink network, but get an error :
>>
>> Sat Apr 29 01:23:42 2017: Incoming EchoLink connection from DM4IM
>> (Martin) at 137.226.114.55
>> Sat Apr 29 01:23:42 2017: Switching to SPEEX audio codec for EchoLink Qso.
>> Sat Apr 29 01:23:42 2017: SimplexLogic: Activating module EchoLink...
>> Sat Apr 29 01:23:42 2017: DM4IM: Accepting connection. EchoLink ID is
>> 259484...
>> Sat Apr 29 01:23:42 2017: DM4IM: EchoLink QSO state changed to CONNECTED
>> Sat Apr 29 01:23:42 2017: *** WARNING: Could not find audio clip
>> "greeting" in context "EchoLink"
>>
>> I can't find any hint on where to set a /path/to_audio_files/in_german.
>>
>> Any help welcome.
>>

> --
>
> Ohne CW ist es nur CB..
>
> 73, Martin DM4iM

Re: newbie question

Martin

Am 29.04.2017 um 20:06 schrieb [hidden email]:
> Hi Martin,
[..]

> You must replace this file with own information

Ah, I understand. I thought it says "welcome to" and then spells the
call with the soundfiles
D, M, 4, I, M.

But i need to record my own greeting.wav

Thanks a lot Waldek, this is the starting point i needed.

If it was covered in the various helpfiles i read over the last 2 days ,
i wouldn't have asked this question.

Just a hint would have been great. Like:
Edit <filename.conf> , uncomment default lang ,
replace the set language with your language.

This should eliminate a lot questions to the mailing-list.
Maybe even more questions could be eliminated ,if  greeting.wav spoke:
"Welcome. Please replace greeting.wav with your own file"

Flamesuit on.

--

Ohne CW ist es nur CB..

73, Martin DM4iM

Re: newbie question

Rob Janssen
Martin wrote:

>> Hi Martin,
> [..]
>> You must replace this file with own information
>>
> Ah, I understand. I thought it says "welcome to" and then spells the
> call with the soundfiles
> D, M, 4, I, M.
>
> But i need to record my own greeting.wav
>
> Thanks a lot Waldek, this is the starting point i needed.
>
> If it was covered in the various helpfiles i read over the last 2 days ,
> i wouldn't have asked this question.
>
> Just a hint would have been great. Like:
> Edit <filename.conf> , uncomment default lang ,
> replace the set language with your language.
>
> This should eliminate a lot questions to the mailing-list.
> Maybe even more questions could be eliminated ,if  greeting.wav spoke:
> "Welcome. Please replace greeting.wav with your own file"
>
> Flamesuit on.

You can modify that by adapting the procedure remote_greeting to your needs.
First read the manual on how to modify procedures (copy to local subdirectory)

Now it says:
#
# Executed when an incoming connection is accepted
#
proc remote_greeting {call} {
   playSilence 1000;
   playMsg "greeting";
}

Re: newbie question

Gunnar Widell
Hope you got everything up and running Martin.
When you find missing information in the installation instruction, or ways to clarify the content is it easy to contribute. The svxlink.org wiki pages (https://github.com/sm0svx/svxlink/wiki) are editable for everyone with a github account. The svxlink.de pages are almost more comprehensive than the svxlink.org. It would be good with more contributors to the svxlink.org wiki.

The pages below are places that definiately need more contributors:
https://github.com/sm0svx/svxlink/wiki/ConfigExamples

73 de Gunnar SM3SGP