Quantcast

usbrtl -> echolink config

Jeff Gustafson
Hi all,
I'm trying to setup a remote receiver using a rtlusb dongle and
Echolink. There is an existing setup where we have two repeaters
"permanently" connected via Echolink. I'd like to setup an additional
remote receiver leveraging the Echolink config. This is mainly an
experiment to learn svxlink. The link will add a remote receive to a
building in which I can hear the repeater, but it can't hear me (with a
5 watt HT).

So far I have svxlink configured to hear my radio:

Rx1: The squelch is OPEN (34.6126)
Rx1: The squelch is CLOSED (116.336)

So that part seems to be working but I haven't verified the audio.

I can't figure out how to link that input to the Echolink node.

*** WARNING: Logic EchoLink has been specified in logic link LinkToR4
but that logic is missing. Removing logic from link.

I don't need a TX section. How do I remove it?

Here is my config so far:

[GLOBAL]
LOGICS=SimplexLogic
CFG_DIR=svxlink.d
TIMESTAMP_FORMAT="%c"
CARD_SAMPLE_RATE=48000
LINKS=LinkToR4

[SimplexLogic]
TYPE=Simplex
RX=Rx1
TX=Tx1
MODULES=ModuleEchoLink
[..snip..]

[LinkToR4]
CONNECT_LOGICS=EchoLink:2:XXXXX-R,SimplexLogic:0:YYYYY
OPTIONS=DEFAULT_CONNECT,NO_DISCONNECT
DEFAULT_ACTIVE=1
TIMEOUT=300

[Tx1]
TYPE=Local
[...snip...]

[Rx1]
TYPE=Ddr
SQL_DET=SIGLEV
SIGLEV_DET=DDR
SIGLEV_SLOPE=2.03
SIGLEV_OFFSET=124.16
SIGLEV_OPEN_THRESH=9
SIGLEV_CLOSE_THRESH=2
CTCSS_FQ=136.5
DTMF_DEC_TYPE=INTERNAL
DTMF_MUTING=1
DEEMPHASIS=1
FQ=446000000
WBRX=WbRx1

[WbRx1]
TYPE=RtlUsb
DEV_MATCH=0
FQ_CORR=1
GAIN=0
SAMPLE_RATE=960000

Re: usbrtl -> echolink config

F5VMR Orange
Hi Jeff,

I presume first of all that you have a resilient network that you can hang a
receiver and its own svxlink package onto.

We have the same, where we create a second [RemoteRx] and define the
parameters. Check the svxlink.org man pages for the network configuration
regarding security word and the port you will use, and the instructions for
VOTING.

Configure the receiver section for the main repeater as Voter, and then
define the receivers that will be voted in.

You must have the same security word and port so that the two installations
can successfully communicate. For the [TX] section simply declare NONE.

Works very well.

Regards
Chris F5VMR G4NAB

Re: usbrtl -> echolink config

Jeff Gustafson
On Tue, 2016-02-16 at 10:28 +0100, F5VMR wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> I presume first of all that you have a resilient network that you can
> hang a
> receiver and its own svxlink package onto.

The two repeaters are currently using Windows-based Echolink software.
I was hoping to use svxlink with the existing software. Once I have a
better understanding of svxlink's configuration we'd like to replace
the Windows boxes with rPi's and svxlink.

We have the same, where we create a second [RemoteRx] and define the
parameters. Check the svxlink.org man pages for the network configuration
regarding security word and the port you will use, and the instructions for
VOTING.

Configure the receiver section for the main repeater as Voter, and then
define the receivers that will be voted in.

You must have the same security word and port so that the two installations
can successfully communicate. For the [TX] section simply declare NONE.

Works very well.

I saw this feature in svxlink's documentation, but I am trying to
create the link *without* any svnlink specific features. I was hoping
that svxlink could be configured to use only Echolink. This is how the
repeaters are currently connected (using only Echolink).

...Jeff (KF6NMZ)